Author Topic: Structures?  (Read 16825 times)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
Re: Structures?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 10:13:37 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 10:18:16 PM by Pilgrims67 »

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 10:38:30 PM »
I am currently project managing a scheme that reuses an existing steel structure, which we are adding to increase the roof height.
Are you adding an extra storey to the existing steel structure, or putting the steelwork on top of the newly built part?
it's the infrastructure, and fit out that costs the money, the structure is relatively less cost, there are other ways to save money, rather than using structures exposed to the elements for 30 years.

The infrastructure consisting of drainage, a road, parking areas, services etc ... cost dependent on distance from existing road drainage etc and would have to be paid whatever structure is used.

Fit out could initially be fairly basic, and could be added to in time...also not dependent on the structure
An effective Tendering process, along with good project management and tight brief control, will deliver value.
Yes, but that would apply to any new build, using any structure.

The challenge will be generating money, a bigger challenge than saving it. Check today's press on Southend united.

Always happy to discuss over a batemans!!

The finance has to be in place, any ideas how much it would be?   Ball park figures of course  :dan
And its all got to happen in the next decade, or sooner  :-\

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »

les

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 03:27:04 PM »

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »

gocompare

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 09:52:17 PM »
Interesting times ahead!

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2010, 11:15:44 AM »
The Chestnuts will not be buying the existing ground. The landlords want a retail price and the Chestnuts pay a trade price, also the communication between the two partys is on par with Obama & Osama.

I think it's fairly safe to say the land has been secured for a new ground/sports complex.

The business plan was set when the Chestnuts took over and it's now being put into place. All we have to do is support the team through good and bad, use the Pilgrim Lounge and support club events then we will get our new ground.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »
Glad to see somebody in Boston is up and awake,  qwerty. 11.15 for the first post of the day I thought every body had cancelled this snow laden day and gone back to bed!!!

Just a thought on the new ground. When the Chestnuts bought out Lavaflow would they have inherited their plans for a new stadium. Can't remember how advanced the architects plans were or whether they were just artists impressions.

Perhaps a hotel and conference rooms alongside the ground are the best commercial bet as this area is desperately short of both facilities.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2010, 02:01:19 PM »
The Lavaflow plans were rejected at a council planning meeting on 04/12 2006. at the Boston Conference Centre,  If they were passed on to Chestnuts it would be fairly safe to say they received the treatment they deserved ( i e the shredder )

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
The Lavaflow plans were rejected at a council planning meeting on 04/12 2006. at the Boston Conference Centre,  If they were passed on to Chestnuts it would be fairly safe to say they received the treatment they deserved ( i e the shredder )

Plans for the stadium are not the same as a business case.  In Lavalows instance you'd be right to shred that as I believe the business case was why they failed..... their numbers didn't add up and they relied purely on funding from the sale of Towns land.  Then again Evans never could do his maths so its hardly surprising the business case was pap.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:57:05 PM by Sussex Pilgrim »

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 09:31:05 PM »
I think it's fairly safe to say the land has been secured for a new ground/sports complex.

The business plan was set when the Chestnuts took over and it's now being put into place. All we have to do is support the team through good and bad, use the Pilgrim Lounge and support club events then we will get our new ground.

Sounds idylic qwerty.
Assuming the land has been allocated for BUFC to use at the usual peppercorn rent, then all we need is the construction costs of the new ground...all covered by the business plan  :dan
Would the Trust know details of the plan  ???

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 09:32:38 AM »

Would the Trust know details of the plan  ???

Yes. The business model was released at a fans forum and was also published on the BUFC website.

Does sound a little idylic I know, but all the best plans are simple  ;)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
Simple plans never equal simple execution!

How many pints of bateman do we need to sell to build a new stadium.

The club will be heavily debt ridden in any new stadium development.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 09:57:48 AM »

Yes. The business model was released at a fans forum and was also published on the BUFC website.

Any chance of a link to this publication?  My limited computer skills have revealed nothing except the stuff regarding the day to day running costs of the club  ???