Author Topic: The Jonny Urwin show  (Read 3971 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
The Jonny Urwin show
« on: December 28, 2019, 08:48:48 PM »
I paid good money today to see this dummy take centre stage.  He did his hardest to spoil a good hard fought derby. He books our player for not taking the shortest route when substituted.  He then lets their player do exactly the same 10 minutes later without booking him. I don't think he was bias, just inept.  Anyway a good hard earned three points, with results going our way the Lynn game was not that bad.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oops

• View Profile
Re: The Jonny Urwin show
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 09:09:01 PM »
Just shows how bad that clown was when the first 15 minutes of Hope and Glory on Radio Lincoln focussed on his idiot performance. It’s a shame he didn’t get ‘What is a football foul’ book for Xmas instead of a toy whistle. I counted 5 handballs in front of us during the game and he never saw one of them. Even the linesman didn’t flag for anything other than throw ins and offsides. Officials must be in very short supply if money is wasted on that rubbish.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 09:55:59 PM »
Or maybe players shouldn’t cheat and con officials and managers and coaches should be re educated into making football a contact sport again, and stop the constant surrounding the referee.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 10:33:23 PM »
He looked inexperienced to me. Not his fault he got handed this game though. Very easy to criticise him but let's look at the process that put him there. Hearing the abuse nearly every official gets, who on earth would want to do this job?

Needed a more experienced official in my opinion but let's not take it all out on the poor lad in the middle today.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 11:35:15 PM »
He books our player for not taking the shortest route when substituted.  He then lets their player do exactly the same 10 minutes later without booking him.

It was because our player was instructed to go off on the Spayne Road side, and ignored him.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 09:00:06 AM »
He books our player for not taking the shortest route when substituted.  He then lets their player do exactly the same 10 minutes later without booking him.

It was because our player was instructed to go off on the Spayne Road side, and ignored him.

I don't agree with this rule. Expecting a player to walk around a pitch after being substituted involves coming into close contact with opposition fans, especially at tighter grounds. Sooner or later somewhere there'll be something said out of turn and a flare up between substituted player and supporters. It will happen. (Different circumstances, but think Cantona v Crystal Palace). Players should be able to choose where they walk off the pitch and refs should merely add time on at the end. Should never be a booking.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 09:18:32 AM »

And your point is?  The ref showed no consistency, booking one, and letting the other do, what the other was booked for.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 12:18:04 PM »
He looked inexperienced to me. Not his fault he got handed this game though. Very easy to criticise him but let's look at the process that put him there. Hearing the abuse nearly every official gets, who on earth would want to do this job?

Needed a more experienced official in my opinion but let's not take it all out on the poor lad in the middle today.

TEP

I heard after the match that the FA are fast-tracking this ref as they thik he'll go far! The further the better I think, and preferably not in a higher league. He was totally out of his depth!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 02:17:00 PM »

And your point is?  The ref showed no consistency, booking one, and letting the other do, what the other was booked for.

Their player didn't go against his instruction...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 02:45:26 PM »

Their player didn't go against his instruction...

FA ruling is, Players will leave the pitch at the nearest Goaline or sideline and will not cross the pitch to the technical area.  Both players broke the rules, but due to his inconsistency, he only booked one. The point I'm making is, he gave instructions to one but not the other. Rules are rules.  I'm not saying our player should not have been booked, I was merely pointing out the inconsistency of the man.