Author Topic: Kettering game  (Read 5680 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Kettering game
« on: December 28, 2019, 06:14:01 PM »
Not quite a classy game, no really outstanding displays, apalling referee but for me the best win of the season so far. After the shift they put in at that shithole Kings Lynn on a cabbage patch and the fact Kettering had a long rest coming into this game I thought the lads were outstanding. Lovely to see some 1500 home fans present and we need to keep building on this.  UTP.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: Kettering
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:55 PM »
Until Crook got hurt thought he was class.  Abbott again performed.  Good old fashion derby decent Kettering following made for a great atmosphere. Town end continues to grow in numbers. Good result against an in form team

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Kettering game
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 09:06:48 PM »
Very quiet on here tonight we must have played well and won.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 09:25:27 PM »
Not the prettiest game (pitch  ref and not much rest being factors)
However we won...Abbots pass for the first was brilliant.
They could have won...they missed  2 sitters.

Tried the 85 Club thing today... thoroughly enjoyed it  and would recommend it.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 10:22:15 PM »
It was the sort of game we’d have lost last year. They tried hard to get under our skin and early on they often out numbered us in midfield, but the big difference this term is we’ve found how to dig in and get results out of games playing “ugly” football. Brad Abbott thoroughly deserved MOM, and Jake Wright has a habit of finding a goal (or 2) when he’s looked somewhat at odds with the game. No doubt that by 90+ minutes they ended the game as good value for the win. We weren’t at our best, but we were good enough to beat The Poppies, the pitch and the ref, no matter how hard the latter seemed to try. The next game will be much harder, but with my rose tinted Pilgrims glasses, it’s winnable if we can turn it on like we know we can.

Food for thought...Fortress York Steet in the league (so far)...P8 W6 D2 L0
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 11:34:10 PM »
They could have won...they missed  2 sitters.

Wright had 2 great chances to get his hat-trick, too.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 12:50:13 AM »
Great 3 points. York. Chester and Spennymoor all lost at home today. Southport got stuffed away. They've all got injury/suspension problems. Kings Lynn are down to the bare bones, their manager said so! I beleive we can do a job on Kings Lynn at York St. Keep the faith!

UTP

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 09:39:24 AM »
A very enjoyable afternoon's sport, great value at £13  :D
Well done to all at BUFC, bringing a decade of home games to a close, in our final season at dear old York Street  :'(

We move forward into the new decade with a team possessing the key quality of obduracy.  A game we might have lost last season, but we ground out the result by some great defensive play. The team looked strong throughout and the ability to convert at least some of the chances was the difference... bring on the league leaders!  :police:

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 11:20:43 AM »
Not the best performance and quite fortunate to get all three points but a good three points and the players did well to see out the game. Rowe reminded me of a Danny Thomas of old! Big game Wednesday now.

Does anybody have the team sheet raffle numbers? I missed them at HT. Thanks.

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 11:49:37 AM »
I think we have a great team at the moment. They work hard and play good football. Abbott’s long pass for the first goal was amazing not to mention the way Jake put it away. Think we have a good chance on Wednesday to show Lynn ‘who’s the man’.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 05:43:44 PM »
Didn`t get to the game but how did Southwell do ?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »
My thoughts were he was lacking a yard of pace. But I  am sure with regular football that will come.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 07:45:15 AM »
Just sat and looked at the full game on You Tube, replayed paused and replayed all of the refs fouls that he gave and didn't give for us or against us.
Having reviewed this, l have to say that he was completely inept and way out of his depth.
Some of the decisions are so ridiculously wrong, that you could easily say that he was trying to influence the match in favour of Kettering Town.
I think an inexperienced ref should never be allowed to take charge of a match at this level, especially if it's a derby game.
Some of his decisions you can put down to inexperience, but most of them are purely down to incompetence on his part.
It is though very worrying that the majority of his bad decisions, were given against us, when Kettering were in dangerous position, normally within a 10 meter radius outside of the 18 yard box.
Very suspicious indeed.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 09:58:34 AM »
Just sat and looked at the full game on You Tube, replayed paused and replayed all of the refs fouls that he gave and didn't give for us or against us.
Having reviewed this, l have to say that he was completely inept and way out of his depth.
Some of the decisions are so ridiculously wrong, that you could easily say that he was trying to influence the match in favour of Kettering Town.
I think an inexperienced ref should never be allowed to take charge of a match at this level, especially if it's a derby game.
Some of his decisions you can put down to inexperience, but most of them are purely down to incompetence on his part.
It is though very worrying that the majority of his bad decisions, were given against us, when Kettering were in dangerous position, normally within a 10 meter radius outside of the 18 yard box.
Very suspicious indeed.

I have a conspiracy theory.  At the moment no one can change my mind.  Since the days of Mcfraud referees have tended to favour the opposing teams.  Despite all the good work done by David Newton, we still have not got a good name.  I am not saying referees sit around a table and agree to target Boston.  I think subconsciously they don't like us.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 11:45:32 AM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

artie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 10:46:56 AM »
In my opinion the ref was just out of his depth. He knows all the rules down to the pettiest detail but doesn't know anything about how a football match is played.