Author Topic: v Kings lynn  (Read 13010 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Kings lynn
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2020, 07:07:47 PM »
I hope you gave the assessor a piece of your Yorkshire mind Mel :D :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2020, 07:10:33 PM »
I hope you gave the assessor a piece of your Yorkshire mind Mel :D :D

He was lucky he didn't get a Barnsley Kiss Mick.

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2020, 07:26:06 PM »
Oxo,  the convo we had re- Ainge was back in Aug on the Altrincham thread, I think.  He still looks on the ‘heavy’ side to me.  Good in the air as you maintain, but thought the lad Gash won the aerial battle with yesterday..... Just saying

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2020, 08:46:48 PM »
I was hopelessly wrong about the Kings Lynn game. I thought we could "do a job on them", but in the end they did one on us. I think that could be labelled a reality check.
On the bright side, half way through the season we are on 34 pts[21games]. Keep up the same points per game ratio and we will finish with 68 pts[42 games]. The points needed for a play-off position in the last 2 seasons has been 63 and 65 points. Add to this the fact we shall play 3 more home games than away and there is genuine cause for optimism.

UTP

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2020, 08:11:04 AM »
Bad performance , but we've had our collective whinge. That game is over, let's stop the moaning and get on with the supporting!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2020, 10:11:21 AM »
Congrats to King's Lynn (especially to Sonny Carey ex-Norwich United) and hope they go on to win the League now.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2020, 11:10:43 AM »
Wow such criticism first home loss this season. Great support for a team that so far has done well and I’m sure will make the play offs but give it a rest lost to the better team. Up front they were clinical sadly Dayle is not the answer for us.  But not going to slate our team we lost to a team who are on an amazing run and played some quality football and easy on the eye. Spoke to some of there lads in pubs in town they are living the dream and nice to have both them and Kettering as local games to boost the crowds.  So don’t be to harsh.
Pretty spot on there ...
I did find their chant of 'a town full of spastics' very unpleasant.. that isnt banter...its nasty

Between that and the segregation ‘arrangements’ at The Walks they’re in danger of coming across as a pretty unpleasant little football club. Every club will have its idiots (especially when they’re top the league and everyone jumps on the bandwagon) so not sure if there’s much they can do about that, but they could really do with investing a bit in the off the field stuff (seem to have plenty of funds to spend on the team!) and there’s no way their ground is fit for football at the level above at the moment.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2020, 02:00:48 PM »

Between that and the segregation ‘arrangements’ at The Walks they’re in danger of coming across as a pretty unpleasant little football club. Every club will have its idiots (especially when they’re top the league and everyone jumps on the bandwagon) so not sure if there’s much they can do about that, but they could really do with investing a bit in the off the field stuff (seem to have plenty of funds to spend on the team!) and there’s no way their ground is fit for football at the level above at the moment.

I would guess out budget is in the bottom 3rd for the league, when you look at our squad compared to others - think we just use it really well!

As for the ground, we have (almost) done everything the FA have requested for the next level up. The "away end" has been approved and checked with them.

As for idiot fans like you say every club has them including Boston - I mean why damage a brand new toilet block and throw toilets rolls onto the pitch and at our player, Ross Barrows, on Boxing Day when he was subbed off.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2020, 03:14:30 PM »
I mean why damage a brand new toilet block and throw toilets rolls onto the pitch and at our player, Ross Barrows, on Boxing Day when he was subbed off.

That was the NEW toilet block?

Dangerous things, toilet rolls... I'm sure he got over it.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2020, 09:12:10 PM »

I would guess out budget is in the bottom 3rd for the league, when you look at our squad compared to others - think we just use it really well!

As for the ground, we have (almost) done everything the FA have requested for the next level up. The "away end" has been approved and checked with them.

As for idiot fans like you say every club has them including Boston - I mean why damage a brand new toilet block and throw toilets rolls onto the pitch and at our player, Ross Barrows, on Boxing Day when he was subbed off.
Why did your fans take to pissing in beer glasses and then throwing it over our supporters.
I had it thrown over me a d l saw them refilling them up.
You moan about fecking toilet rolls.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".