Author Topic: v Kings lynn  (Read 13012 times)

semion

• View Profile
Re: v Kings lynn
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2020, 08:15:51 PM »
Thought we bossed the first 20 mins or so without really testing their keeper.   Done badly for pace down the middle for the first goal.   Thought Crook should have done better on their 2nd goal.  That killed us.  2nd half we huffed and puffed but Lynn were in control by now.  As for the 3rd goal, Crook’s kicking had been ropey all game so you could see it coming.   

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2020, 08:26:43 PM »
Not the first time we've been done for pace this season through the middle. Bad day at the office. It's what happens in football. We win and lose as a team and we move on.

TEP

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2020, 08:34:27 PM »
I have supported BUFC for over 70 years and seen some Good, some Poor, and some unlucky games but the main thing is I will be supporting them again on Saturday you cannot stop supporting them just because they had a very bad game. Come on you yellows.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »
Not the first time we've been done for pace this season through the middle. Bad day at the office. It's what happens in football. We win and lose as a team and we move on.

TEP
I agree, 1 game, we weren't at the races, the previous 8 home league games suggest we certainly are at the races. We were out thought and out fought today by a well drilled team who finished clinically. No excuses, they were the better side. Let's hope on Saturday at Park Avenue we can redress the balance and gain a vital 3 points and get ourselves back to winning ways.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2020, 07:32:25 AM »
Pretty spot on there ...
I did find their chant of 'a town full of spastics' very unpleasant.. that isnt banter...its nasty

I'm glad someone else has raised this as I didn't want to be the first … when you consider their own assistant manager Paul Bastock lives in the town and has raised a disabled child it is actually ironic as well as deeply unpleasant and nasty. I wonder how he felt when the chant was coming across from his own supporters?

Racist and homophobic abuse at football gets discussed a lot and is being tackled, but isn't anti-disability abuse just as bad? Shouldn't the police have been moving into the away end yesterday to arrest the ring leaders? And shouldn't King's Lynn Town FC face some sanctions for this?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2020, 09:29:51 AM »
Just a thought about Ainge. I believe Darlington played him up front. Could we do the same?  Looking at how effective Gash was for Lynn yesterday, could be just what our quick strikers need to get the best out of them.

Clearly we'd need someone else at the back. As good as Ainge is in the air, he's been done by pace on several occasions this season.

TEP

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 09:50:22 AM »
Don’t let Oxo hear you saying that.  I said that at the start of the season.  Only for Oxo to give me pelters for it.  Be interesting to read what he thinks now about Ainge now. 

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2020, 12:24:10 PM »
It makes me laugh when all of a sudden we put in a poor performance and suddenly the manager and players are not good enough. We have been in good form but when 8 or 9 players have an off day then you usually get punished and that’s what we got. Anyone who thinks we are suddenly a poor side with a poor manager need to get back to their sky q box. We are a decent side who had an off day simple as that.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2020, 12:37:32 PM »
Congratulations to Lynn. It gives us something to look forward to when their wheels come off, they lose their backers and go bust. Been there, got the T shirt. Enjoy it while you can, we enjoyed our moment.
I still think we have a cracking team but we do seem to lack that killer instinct in front of goal.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2020, 12:47:25 PM »
It makes me laugh when all of a sudden we put in a poor performance and suddenly the manager and players are not good enough. We have been in good form but when 8 or 9 players have an off day then you usually get punished and that’s what we got. Anyone who thinks we are suddenly a poor side with a poor manager need to get back to their sky q box. We are a decent side who had an off day simple as that.

Win our the next two matches Tash and at 10 o'clock Tuesday night it's possible that we will be 5th in league above some teams below  us  having played a game more than us .        Happy new year to all at RUSKINGTON and hope we are all laughing along with you Tuesday night Dave .

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2020, 12:59:44 PM »
No we haven’t become a bad team overnight.  We have decent quality in the squad.  Just don’t get why in a local derby against top of the League, who had been fortunate to do us 1-0 on their own muck heap against 10 men,in front of of a big gate, we fail to turn up.   

To me the team had a bad day at the office but in turn Craig needs to have a look at himself as well.  Maybe it wasn’t just the players who had this bad day at the office.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2020, 02:36:47 PM »
Judging by the predictions for this game, very few expected the result. Even MUFC lost to Arsenal and Spurs to Watford and Grimsby managed a win. Football's a funny old game. Onwards and upwards. Floret Bostona !

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2020, 04:12:51 PM »

Win our the next two matches Tash and at 10 o'clock Tuesday night it's possible that we will be 5th in league above some teams below  us  having played a game more than us .        Happy new year to all at RUSKINGTON and hope we are all laughing along with you Tuesday night Dave .

👍 let’s hope so Pete. Happy New year to you and yours.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2020, 05:43:53 PM »
Congratulations to Lynn. It gives us something to look forward to when their wheels come off, they lose their backers and go bust. Been there, got the T shirt. Enjoy it while you can, we enjoyed our moment.
I still think we have a cracking team but we do seem to lack that killer instinct in front of goal.

Nothing Kings Lynn could do would surely get close to the agony and suffering that the Fat Fraudster put so through.

Anyway listening in on a conversation of one of their Club officials it seems that the current owner is about to be joined by a heavyweight investor with an aim to join the Football League. 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2020, 06:42:38 PM »
Don’t let Oxo hear you saying that.  I said that at the start of the season.  Only for Oxo to give me pelters for it.  Be interesting to read what he thinks now about Ainge now.

Bloody hell where did you drag that up from? Point me to the post I honestly can't bring it to mind. By the way Ainge has been pushed forward on several occasions both at home and away.
Whilst I am on here and regarding last night, Yes it was a shambles and we were well beaten but why everyone is suddenly slating the team and manager and almost suggesting we have become a bad side overnight is ridiculous. How many know the true fitness of some of the players with recent and present injuries with the likes of young Whittle for example playing the last few games with a groin injury and travelling from Liverpool to do it. It was obvious others were struggling as well. This is not an excuse I always have and always will express my view of anyone not giving it 100% but games like this happen.
The game was not as frustrating as being stood trapped in the car park for an hour after the match by a car parked 12 inches from my back bumper and giving me no chance of getting out, the car park was almost empty when the culprit turned up, It was the bloody referees assesser twenty minutes after the officials had left. I hope he could could spell all the shit I gave him for his report. I also spoke to our Chairman whist waiting and it is fair to say I have never ever seen him in such a bad mood following a game (that made two of us) upset was not the word.