Author Topic: v Kings lynn  (Read 12991 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Kings lynn
« on: December 26, 2019, 04:58:53 PM »
Lost 1-0  83rd minute goal. Ah well, on to Saturday and the re-match New Years Day.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 07:17:19 PM by Ernie100 »

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: v Kins lynn
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 05:33:12 PM »
Well what a disgrace that place is. Was not allowed down the side due to safety numbers but then told I could but if I needed the toilet would not be allowed back in even with kids or elderly in the side part. This was causing massive rows then two bouncers with cameras clearly looking for a bit of action decided to get involved. Then it pourerd down then yep all in no problem. Segregation was embarrassing they know the fans will be come to a derby move the segregation area further down an seperate them further. Crap view  poor stewards.   But a great effort from the support and team. Definite penalty for us near end but ref bottled it.  Won’t spend another penny at that dump. 

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 06:35:08 PM »
 :o, Agree, absolute tin pottery of the highest order, as for game, sending off changed it, 11 v 11 and we would have run out comfortable winners, must admit for a team top of table they were pretty poor, will wager a bet come end of season we will be above them in the league, long way to go yet.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 10:12:05 AM »
I have waited until this morning to try to post a constructive reply, without the emotions of yesterday clouding my opinion.  It hasn't worked, I'm gutted.  How are they top of the league?

First things first, the viewing from where I was stood was the most obstructed view I have ever encountered at a ground.  I could only see 2/3s of the pitch, I did not see their goal.  Also my mate who is 71 could not use the toilet, because the stewards would not let anyone back into the stand.

I thought until the sending off, we were the better team.  I thought the ref got it right ( about the only thing he did get right all match).  I thought he bottled every decision concerning Boston. We could have had two penalties, hand ball which could have been harsh ( but I have seen them given ).  Also I think Southwell being manhandled to the ground, this was right in front of the ref.

I thought the Lynn players went to ground very easy.  I also thought Crook was sailing a bit close to the wind with his time wasting, but it makes a change it not happening against us.

I look forward to Mel's report, I hope he had a better view than me.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 02:00:24 PM »
I have waited until this morning to try to post a constructive reply, without the emotions of yesterday clouding my opinion.  It hasn't worked, I'm gutted.  How are they top of the league?

First things first, the viewing from where I was stood was the most obstructed view I have ever encountered at a ground.  I could only see 2/3s of the pitch, I did not see their goal.  Also my mate who is 71 could not use the toilet, because the stewards would not let anyone back into the stand.

I thought until the sending off, we were the better team.  I thought the ref got it right ( about the only thing he did get right all match).  I thought he bottled every decision concerning Boston. We could have had two penalties, hand ball which could have been harsh ( but I have seen them given ).  Also I think Southwell being manhandled to the ground, this was right in front of the ref.

I thought the Lynn players went to ground very easy.  I also thought Crook was sailing a bit close to the wind with his time wasting, but it makes a change it not happening against us.

I had a great view of the Southwell shout and so did the ref. I try not to say to much on things but im afraid not giving that pen was a blatant cheat.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 02:24:49 PM »
Reading their programme they had to put segregation measures in like that to satisfy ground grading or face demotion
All other segregated games this year there have seen away, fans at the other end
The small fences dividing the fans had to be so, but it just lead to missile throwing and had either sides yoof been keener to get thrown out there's could easily have been fighting
Surprised away fans don't get the whole end rather than the tiny section we got, wasn't many more places for our 600 or so fans to go and there seemed to be problems with being let in if you went out of the covered bit

Defended well for most of it got a bit of back luck with the goal although we allowed their guy to skip a few tackles to cross it in.
Red cards both nailed on but pity it meant that our attacking intentions largely got parked after the red card for shiels
Pitch was wet through and probably helped us defend with 10 men.
Like to think 11v11 at York St we can do them

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 03:21:03 PM »
From September:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-town/king-s-lynn-town-cash-boost-for-work-at-home-ground-1-6296923

"This work will be carried out at the Tennyson Road end of the ground as well as part of the covered terraced stand. The work includes fencing, turnstiles, toilets and refreshment areas"

Fencing was inadequate. Turnstiles fine, but stupid to have the bottleneck in the corner. Toilets from the outside looked very temporary. Refreshment? A van serving overpriced food and drink.

Away section should have been either full end plus quarter side terrace, or half end plus half side terrace. It was dangerous to have such a small exit from the sidestand. That cannot be safe for an evacuation of a full section.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 07:48:28 PM »

My view of the game is no diferrent to yours Mick as I also could not see bugger all, and that after being the third person to enter the ground. On arriving I enquired about the club house for a warm and a drink as the web site states it is open to all, this was two hours before kick off as they had asked everyone to arrive early. I was told I couldn't go in there as the game was segregated, didn't matter I am 74 and wanting to fight every bugger, sent round to the away turnstile and went in where just two others had beaten me to it, no chance of warm drink as the old mini van acting as a food and drink outlet was yet to be plugged in. The whole place was a bloody disgrace and the pitch was like a cabbage patch. As for what I saw of the game after the sending off I thought Jay was exceptional at full back and all the lads gave it everything but just didn't get the rub of the green or the referee. I travel to all away games and this for the reasons stated (not the result) was easily the worst, a bloody disgusting place.  UTP

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 11:13:54 PM »
It was also the one of  the most expensive entrance fee, I only wanted to pay to see the game not buy  the place.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 08:04:16 PM »
Two former pilgrims with important goals against the top two today.

Kaine Felix with the winner for Guiseley vs York and Ryan Qualter on target for Alfreton to draw 2-2 with Kings Lynn.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 05:17:10 PM »
Totally out played, tactical inept, awful. Left 10 minutes before the end.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Kings lynn
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »
Less said about today's effort the better!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 07:36:14 PM »
I missed today's match due to a previous engagement.  I was gutted I was missing it, but perhaps it was a blessing in disguise.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 07:37:08 PM »
Wow such criticism first home loss this season. Great support for a team that so far has done well and I’m sure will make the play offs but give it a rest lost to the better team. Up front they were clinical sadly Dayle is not the answer for us.  But not going to slate our team we lost to a team who are on an amazing run and played some quality football and easy on the eye. Spoke to some of there lads in pubs in town they are living the dream and nice to have both them and Kettering as local games to boost the crowds.  So don’t be to harsh. 

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 07:54:41 PM »
Wow such criticism first home loss this season. Great support for a team that so far has done well and I’m sure will make the play offs but give it a rest lost to the better team. Up front they were clinical sadly Dayle is not the answer for us.  But not going to slate our team we lost to a team who are on an amazing run and played some quality football and easy on the eye. Spoke to some of there lads in pubs in town they are living the dream and nice to have both them and Kettering as local games to boost the crowds.  So don’t be to harsh.
Pretty spot on there ...
I did find their chant of 'a town full of spastics' very unpleasant.. that isnt banter...its nasty
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 09:44:58 PM by howmanynames2pick »