Author Topic: Fc United Of Manchester  (Read 22358 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fc United Of Manchester
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2010, 12:10:05 PM »
I think OFF, with reguler snow showeres expected and severe frost i think we gonna need a bit more than a shovel ot 2

Andrei Kanchelskis

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2010, 12:56:03 PM »
I think OFF, with reguler snow showeres expected and severe frost i think we gonna need a bit more than a shovel ot 2

you are a right ray of sunshine, been negative all week! Where are the other nicer Boston fans who promise it will be on, that its never off and that you ain't no mickey mouse club etc. The met-office predictions are quite good the rest of the week (well for Boston not Manchester!)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
Snow covers the pitch and prevents from frost - just like for Boxing Day.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Andrei Kanchelskis

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »
Snow covers the pitch and prevents from frost - just like for Boxing Day.

Pilgrim86 > Bostonshire

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2010, 02:17:35 PM »
Not trying to be negative, just logical, It aint just the pitch to take in to count. I want a game as much as anyone it deppresses me sitting at home all the time, with ce already laying everywhere and know snow on top its gonna take a big effort to get it on, althou proberly no where near the effort its gonna take to get here.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »

you are a right ray of sunshine, been negative all week! Where are the other nicer Boston fans who promise it will be on, that its never off and that you ain't no mickey mouse club etc. The met-office predictions are quite good the rest of the week (well for Boston not Manchester!)

LOL!! didnt that small tinpot club get there game called off last night. Whats that shack they call home, oh! yeah its called the emirates. How tinpot are they. We'll make sure the groundsman puts on the undersoil heating friday night.  ;D

I hope the game is on but obviously only if its safe for the players, officials and fans.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2010, 07:31:08 PM »
How can Sheffield predict all games will be off in January? We're only a week in and just a couple of mild or wet days will soon rid the pitch of the white stuff.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »
The heavy blanket of snow might help to get the game on as it will help defrost the ground below. It was -7.5 degrees at 7.30am this morning in South London, with 10 inches of snow...below the snow the ground was soft-ish  :dan
The temperature is going to be around zero from now until the game according to metcheck, it was several degrees lower than that leading up to the Boxing Day game  :xmasdeer
The entrances and concourses can be sorted out saturday am by investing in a bit of salt, and if they make the decision tomorrow based on what happened Boxing Day then it could still be game on  8)
I wouldn't fancy the trip across from Manchester though

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »
metcheck is a bit boggie fied with its weather at mo. met office and sky are giving a few hours of snow on sat morning now. althou as normal this is all subject to change.

NOT NEGATIVE ..........THE GAME WILL BE ON

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2010, 09:33:26 PM »
Seems a bit different to me than boxing day! Prior to the snow falling pre christmas don't remember it being that cold so we had a lot of snow falling onto a relatively soft pitch. Looking at yesterday's pic when there was a sprinkling/frost on the pitch, would have thought it will be a lot harder so surely the current thicker covering of snow will only be protecting what is already there??
Also as has been mentioned it's not just about the pitch! The car park was very icy and slippy on Boxing day and would imagine again that could  prove more of a problem.
Would love the game to go ahead but with most of saturday's championship and league matches already postponed really think we are being very optimistic :-\

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »
How can Sheffield predict all games will be off in January? We're only a week in and just a couple of mild or wet days will soon rid the pitch of the white stuff.

Exactly what I thought, what a bizarre statement to make.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »
Yeah I also thought it was a weird comment from Sheffield FC.

That said, living 10-15 miles away, I doubt very much our game will be on next Tuesday (shame as I assume it would counted to Church's ban) or, given the forecast, the one they are due to have tomorrow week.

Maybe they just reckon their pitch will be waterlogged when it all thaws and that covers their last game in January?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2010, 06:24:39 PM »
But for THREE weeks???
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.