Author Topic: Well done lads  (Read 3997 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well done lads
« on: December 16, 2019, 11:00:26 PM »
We gave them two goals, very hard to get anything when that happens. But to a man they gave everything. A very proud supporter tonight.  I shall dream of what could have been. Well done lads.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well done lads
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 11:11:21 PM »
Well said Mick I was also so proud of the lads. Lets hope some of the glory hunters start coming again.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 11:17:18 PM »
Bit harsh Mel it happens in football everywhere. I’m gutted for all old fans my dad included who sadly will never see another run. But we were never overrun in two games and the club deserves credit for making this an event it wasn’t to be but we should all be proud of the club and fans.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 11:24:40 PM »
Sad about the two individual errors that cost us but immensely proud of the performance tonight.  If we continue to show this spirit we look good for the play-offs.  Well done!
United we stand..................

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 11:28:04 PM »
Great match. A dominant performance. Proud of the team.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 11:29:54 PM »
Got home  a few minutes ago. I've been watching BUFC since 1966, and these two games v Rochdale have been two of my proudest as a supporter. Cannot fault the team over the two games for effort, commitment and quite a bit of skill. We matched our League One opponents and were not outclassed. I just got the impression as the game wore on that it was just not going to be - and, not surprisingly, their full-time fitness showed towards the end. The stadium and atmosphere really rocked and, like Mel, I hope some of those who came this evening may think it worth coming more often (preferably not the idiots with the flares). If, as seems likely, this was the last big floodlit match at York Street, it was a memorable one to finish with.

Now, bring on Gateshead and UTP!

danboston

• Olè Pilgrims olè!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 11:33:14 PM »
Great performance, but an individual error made the difference in the 2nd half: what a pity!

That being said...well done, Pilgrims!

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 11:42:36 PM »
Look on their fans forum they call us rag tag rovers   Embarrassing we took a thousand they bought 250. That is very poor.  Over Xmas we need to keep a few hundred from tonight and build.

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 02:45:58 AM »
Proud.. well done boys. Everyone makes mistakes...J and Crook generally less than the rest of us! They all must be hurting tonight but they have no need to be. Great performance all round. Forget the play offs, let’s take this league..

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 06:49:47 AM »
My head told me "unlikely" , my heart told me "of course we can. Although we were never in front across 180 minutes, Rochdale were given 2 proper games by a team whose belief and effort nearly achieved a fantastic win. As said by others, they can hold their heads high, be proud of the performances, and yes, be gutted at the outcome.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 07:32:16 AM »
Bit harsh with the glory seekers tag. I had friends who travelled up from the South coast to make the match. This involved taking two days annual leave and the associated travel costs. It's simply not feasible to do this every week. As mentioned elsewhere, exiled fans will make the effort fir the big games. Those more local will pick and choose their games. This may be down to finances but it happens throughout football, not just Boston. If you're fortunate enough to be able to make every match then great.

TEP

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 10:13:04 AM »
Great all round performance by management and players. Such a shame we couldn't have got to extra time.
If we play like that for the rest of the season play offs should be a certainty. We need to get behind the
team like that every game, and I hope of few of  those new supporters come back regularly.

Have to say we matched them for large periods of the game and you would not have known they were a
league one side. Credit to all our players.

Bit nit picky but I thought the referee (regular league 1) gave us virtually nothing, no argument about the
penalty but he went down very easily, but I just thought we should have got a lot more free kicks.

I know its been covered elsewhere but we lost key momentum after we scored because of the senseless
action of the person who threw the flare onto the pitch. Absolutely clueless !!!!

Lets make sure we keep in those play off spots.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 01:00:12 PM »
Well, well it's been a VERY long time since I've posted on here but just wanted to say a massive well done to all concerned last night - the players were immense and the fans got the old place rocking again. I sadly couldn't make it to the game but rest assured it looked fantastic on the TV, even the flares (although I take the point about momentum lost at a crucial time, let's not turn it into a witch hunt against whoever did it. It obviously didn't help but wasn't the reason behind the defeat).

Great to see you again, Boston.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 07:08:16 PM »
Had a little look at Dales fans forum some clearly are deluded. They laugh at our away support to some games yet they muster with free travel less that 250 to a game when they could play Newcastle.  They slate the board the manager our pitch their own players. Made me smile.