Author Topic: Flare throwers  (Read 4696 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Flare throwers
« on: December 16, 2019, 10:56:13 PM »
Anybody know them ?
Hopefully get them banned...
Marred an excellent performance..really got going with the best goal of the game and then the players have to stand around for three minutes while the smoke clears...
Well done you idiots...

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Flare throwers
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 11:02:14 PM »
Total arse wipes  >:( >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 11:08:40 PM »
Anybody know them ?
Marred an excellent performance..really got going with the best goal of the game and then the players have to stand around for three minutes while the smoke clears...
Well done you idiots...

I agree if nobody names these cretins then you are no better than them. I am an elderly man but would invite these brain dead twats to come and see me with their flares and I will insert them where they would enlarge the empty space where their brains should be. This will cost the club and these pillocks need banning however, they probably don't attend and know nothing about football anyhow.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 11:15:23 PM »
Anybody know them ?
Well done you idiots...

I agree if nobody names these cretins then you are no better than them. I am an elderly man but would invite these brain dead twats to come and see me with their flares and I will insert them where they would enlarge the empty space where their brains should be. This will cost the club and these pillocks need banning however, they probably don't attend and know nothing about football anyhow.

Come on you true Townend fans, name them so they can be banned.  Someone knows them.  We must weed out these idiots!
United we stand..................

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 06:41:23 AM »
Idiots....you could argue they cost us the chance to take Rochdale when they were reeling. We were in the asendency and the delay let them regroup.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 06:51:18 AM »
A few seasons back at North Ferriby someone threw a flare on the pitch in front of the United supporters and a young lad (maybe 8 or 9 years old) on the front row had an asthma attack as the smoke drifted back into the stands. Then a couple of seasons back at Salford one of their idiots launched a lit flare in the direction of the away end - it hit the top of the advertising board and bounced back on the pitch, a few inches higher and it would have caused serious burns and injuries. Despite video evidence proving it happened, Salford have never even acknowledged that incident or apologised to the Boston support. We've got more class than the people running Salford, and we need to take a stance on this. Every effort needs to be made to identify the perpetrators and ban them from both York Street and the new stadium. Flares have no place in football, and it can't have helped our club's image in front of a national audience.

One thing puzzles me - you can't even get into York City's stadium with a coke can - the stewards stop you and search you on entry. Flares are considerably larger and harder to conceal. How on earth do they get through our turnstiles unspotted? (We're talking four or five flares last night and not just one).

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 07:49:39 AM »
Boston could be in trouble for this. Also through out the second half a laser was used on their keeper.  He complained to the referee about it. These incidents were on national TV. All the hard work done by David Newton to improve the image of the club, ruined by a couple of @rseholes.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

ElIdolo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 08:05:06 AM »
Added to this, if they were to be found and given a stadium ban, I'm sure it wouldn't bother them too much as their visits to Boston games happen once every 10 years..

A big shame though, just as that momentum was peaking, and the atmosphere too. Thankfully the night was so positive that these events don't overshadow it as much as they might do on a normal game if it happened.
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" - Michael Scott

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 08:06:38 AM »
The same name was mentioned to me 2-3 times in regards to the flares. A quick trawl of Twitter shows this idiot openly bragging about using them at a previous game.

Josh was banned for much less a couple of years ago, the club have CCTV and no doubt a good idea who it is, a 5 year minimum ban and legal action if we are fined for this moron's selfishness should be a minimum punishment.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 08:29:23 AM »
Perhaps these people can help

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2019, 08:32:34 AM »
Just to say I have never been searched entering the ground at the town end, also when I looked up you could clearly see the said idiot with the flare in his hand so he will be on camera. I shouted down to the two coppers but they didn’t venture up to apprehend him. One lad was marched out before the game by the police. Some youths were cueing up before the turnstiles opened and were clearly drunk so should have been refused entry. Apart from all that I felt so proud to be a supporter of Boston United, players,staff and fans gave it their all to give the grand old ground a proper send off.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »
Some dick head with a laser as well

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2019, 09:47:02 AM »
Agree, absolute fools with no real interest in Boston United. Pre-match too.

Same for the lad with the laser, I thought they went out of 'fashion' 20 years ago?!

The steward who was kicking the flares off the pitch didn't help matters as that wasn't solving anything. A small blast from a fire extinguisher would have done a better job right? Still the situation shouldn't have arisen in the first place.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 11:37:15 AM »
Just to say I have never been searched entering the ground at the town end, also when I looked up you could clearly see the said idiot with the flare in his hand so he will be on camera. I shouted down to the two coppers but they didn’t venture up to apprehend him. One lad was marched out before the game by the police. Some youths were cueing up before the turnstiles opened and were clearly drunk so should have been refused entry. Apart from all that I felt so proud to be a supporter of Boston United, players,staff and fans gave it their all to give the grand old ground a proper send off.

Leaving the flares to one side I have to agree with you Dave it was fantastic and the lads played their hearts out and we can never ask for more than that. The last bit of your comment is lovely but everyone should now take stock and realise this team could yet see the old ground packed again for the playoff final so, come on everyone if you want this experience again get behind the lads for the rest of the season and make it memorable for many reasons.  UTP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »
Sad to hear that some idiots came out yet again to bring shame on the club by throwing flares onto the pitch as well as shining lasers at their players. I can't believe the mentality of those who keep stating 'no pyro, no party'. I wouldn't let these loose in charge of a kids party, let alone a football supporters party, lol.

I agree with others, some of the Townend die hards will more than likely know who these people are, so don't help protect their identities. Name and shame them.  As Andy said on this thread, to give these idiots a minimum of five year bans would be the perfect punishment.
I just hope and pray that the club is not financially punished as a result of all this, otherwise the cup run pot won't seem as lucrative.