Author Topic: Lucky scarf?  (Read 2779 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Lucky scarf?
« on: November 28, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »
Many years ago 1969 to be precise, I had a girlfriend.  She was a regular supporter of Lincoln City. I did not hold that against her, or did she me for being a Boston supporter. As a surprise she knitted me an eight foot long Black and amber scarf for Christmas. I met her a couple of years ago and mentioned the scarf, she denied knitting it, perhaps something to do with her now being a Lincoln season ticket holder.

I shall be bringing it out for a rare outing on Sunday.  The amber is a bit faded and the scarf is a little out of shape, due to some Kettering fan deciding that it would be fun to try and strangle me with it.

It's been to some very memorable games over the 50 years.  Also some I would like to forget. It has been worn according to fashion of the time, around the head, neck, wrist and even the waist.

So, this Sunday I shall be wearing it ( to keep warm ) and may it be lucky.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky scarf?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 05:16:56 PM »
Mine may make a rare outing too, its from 1978 and was the first BUFC related item I was given. Not worn it for a few years but sod it, its The FA Cup 2nd round!!

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 05:40:49 PM »
we have a squidgy mushroom teddy that has an unbeaten record when appearing at BUFC games - not sure whether to bring it or not as don't want to jinx the mushroom

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 02:12:17 PM »
The scarf never let me down.  With CE being superstitious I had better wear it for the replay :)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »
You'd better wear it for the cup draw!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 03:11:25 PM »