Author Topic: seen with my eyes  (Read 2946 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
seen with my eyes
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:14:11 AM »
a referee that was totally inconsistant with hes decisions. I was sitting between the dugout and the 18 yard line, right near where churchy hurdled a knee high tackle for which their player should have been shown a red. The fact he was only slightly caught should not have made no difference. Throw ins that were given to both sides that were clearly wrong . A  handball on the line ( by church) clearly missed .davidson held back by their lanky centerhalf (who would have been 2nd in the footrace) . Two brilliant goals (2and3) quick sharp and clinical.. Mikel getting battered by elbows all afternoon ( totally deserved his standing ovation when subbed) . church seemed to leave the ground with both feet but made contact with the ball and no player, studs up- yes. the cofusion that  followed made it look more than it was and covinced the ref. A totally deserved three points,

NOW WHAT DID YOU SEE WITH YOUR EYES?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: seen with my eyes
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 08:44:47 AM »
He was consistent, but consistently bad...I am generally willing to give refs the benefit of the doubt when all around me are giving him stick, but, second half in particular, he was giving everything their way  :o
Just one example of many: Suarez flattened towards the end of the first half when he was going for a header/flick-on; nothing given, and then second half Suarez carded for a shoulder to shoulder incident, where he was either too strong for the defender, or more likely the defender went over to con the ref/lino!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 10:04:08 AM »
The Church 'handball' on the line hit his shoulder, definitely not a penalty. Agreed about Suarez, he takes all the stick from defenders but getting his goal and 3 points is a good enough prize.

Church deserved to go, taking the tackle on its merits. It was two-footed, and he lunged in. However, the one you mentioned also deserved a red, as did their number 11 just seconds before Church did go...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 10:54:38 AM »
Didn't see the Church incident as I was too busy moaning about the ten minutes building up to it. 

The challenge firstly on Saurez which left him flat out by their number 6 was a disgrace and clearly had been targeted to do something about Saurez at half time. Then the ball squirmed across the other side and Church and Newsham took a battering from their right back.... still nothing given. It was only a matter of time before one of our players made a challenge that would get a card.  If the Saurez one had been given right straight away then nothing else would have built up from it.

The Danny Davidson one where he was clean through I simply didn't understand, maybe I should have drunk more to be  :xmashat
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 06:35:59 PM »
The Danny Davidson one where he was clean through I simply didn't understand, maybe I should have drunk more to be  :xmashat

Yes that one was the icing on the cake  :xmasdeer
It was so bad you had to laugh, or cry...nearly fell out of the seat laughing, we'd had a few pints by then though  :xmashat