Author Topic: Hayes v Boston United 28 April 2002 -video highlights from this "infamous" time  (Read 2887 times)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Video highlights of Hayes v Boston United on 28 April 2002.

The video includes Boston Supporters queuing to enter the ground, parts of the match and the celebrations during and after the final whistle.

https://youtu.be/jfLvcVfW-g0

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Watching Wrexham on TV last week beat Borehamwood and gain promotion to the EFL, it brought back vivid memories of our promotion day
- and today is the 21st Anniversary!!

I took a Manchester-Heathrow flight that morning and a friend of mine and fellow supporter (then living in Southend) picked me up from there for the short drive to Hayes' ground.

And, back at the airport to come back up to Manchester, I was talking to the referee of the match, Steve Brand, who was also taking a flight back to Manchester. He was from the Wirrall and not the referee shown in the matchday programme. The appointed referee was either ill or injured and Brand was appointed as his replacement late in the week. From our conversation, he told me 'his team' was Tranmere Rovers.

Saw an interview with him a few years later when he was an Ambassador for Tranmere, and he was asked about how many players he had sent off. 'Not that many' was his answer - so Peter Costello is obviously on a select list.