Author Topic: Replay televised  (Read 9959 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Replay televised
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2019, 08:31:26 PM »
Well said Pete, also let’s not forget on the 16th we need the crowd to be the 12th man. With all do respect to the YS terrace it can’t generate the same atmosphere as a nearly full townend. Also let’s not forget the townend was given up in the football lge days so they have done their bit.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Replay televised
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 08:44:15 PM »
They can't please us all LP .,  I think to be fair over the years the town enders have mainly had the sh*ty end of the stick on these occasions .      I'm a season ticket holder in the Main Stand and have been a YS regular for 72 years .    If I have to give up my seat and stand on the terrace in P*ssing rain so be it .      It's a price we all would have settled for pre-season .

I agree, they can't please everyone. It's still been very annoying in the past though - particularly when the estimated numbers of away fans have been wrong. Once when we played Stockport (I think) we were moved out of the York Street End to accommodate a large away following - turned out there were about eight people stood in the section of the ground we'd normally have occupied and the rest of the travelling support remained in the usual designated away area. And we'd been moved out to accommodate them. Home supporters (irrespective of stand) deserve some form of prioritisation over away, and that's why I'd support the idea of making big matches all ticket for away supporters.

But yes, inconvenience aside, isn't it much better to be debating this issue rather than discussing some of our previous FA Cup performances?