Author Topic: Replay televised  (Read 9636 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Replay televised
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 05:09:13 PM »
Rochdale are putting on free travel for this match so they should have a good support.

Am I the only one thinking this is some ploy from someone at Dale who knows the YS set-up well enough to convince DN to give them the Town End? They know the dynamic/atmos certainly changes a bit if home fans are not in the Town End.
I have said before and I will say it again.  Whenever we have to give up the town end, surely they should take over the York Street end.  The acoustics are brilliant, not like the Spayne road side.  You only have to hear when 50 or 60 away fans sing, they make a good noise.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 05:40:54 PM »
Even better oxo the Brackley match has now been postponed until later thus giving us a free week before the replay. (see OS).

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 06:20:05 PM »
Even better oxo the Brackley match has now been postponed until later thus giving us a free week before the replay. (see OS).

Yes well negotiated by the club, not often the league do anything for the benefit of BUFC could it be they are realising they have a great club carrying their flag for them.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 06:57:57 PM »
The bleating in respect of the FA Trophy exit is now just a distant memory ...... :)

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 07:20:30 PM »
I suspect the club is much better thought of now than when Evans complained about having to play too many matches near the St Albans quarter-final. This might have influenced the league regarding the Brackley postponement

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 08:26:36 PM »
I suspect the club is much better thought of now than when Evans complained about having to play too many matches near the St Albans quarter-final. This might have influenced the league regarding the Brackley postponement

Absolutely. When you think of the calibre of people we send along to the AGMs these days - Neil, Dave and Craig - we're a club transformed from the circus of the past.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2019, 09:02:36 PM »

Absolutely. When you think of the calibre of people we send along to the AGMs these days - Neil, Dave and Craig - we're a club transformed from the circus of the past.

Spot on Pete

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2019, 09:08:55 PM »
I must say every time they appear on TV I am proud to support Boston United.  They put all the other tracky wearing individuals to shame.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2019, 09:38:37 PM »
Rochdale are putting on free travel for this match so they should have a good support.

Am I the only one thinking this is some ploy from someone at Dale who knows the YS set-up well enough to convince DN to give them the Town End? They know the dynamic/atmos certainly changes a bit if home fans are not in the Town End.
I have said before and I will say it again.  Whenever we have to give up the town end, surely they should take over the York Street end.  The acoustics are brilliant, not like the Spayne road side.  You only have to hear when 50 or 60 away fans sing, they make a good noise.

It's not a great view from the upper tier (prefer a central view), and the lower tier is too shallow.

Can hardly ever hear the away fans from when they're in the YS corner from the Town End.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 10:52:51 PM »
No chance whatsoever of Rochdale being given the Town End, the Club know the importance of home fans generating a good atmosphere from this terrace.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2019, 07:02:58 AM »

To give the opposing view, I'm a season ticket holder in the York Street end, and it is hugely frustrating when we get moved out. A few seasons ago, for example, you spend the whole season watching the matches from a favoured viewing point amongst people that you know; a play off game then materialises (v Chorley), and you have to watch it from an unfamiliar angle amongst people that you don't know. It's not nice when it happens, and some of the people in the York Street end have been season ticket holders in there for decades.

My suggestions:

(1) Make the Rochdale replay all ticket for away fans, so we know in advance exactly how many are coming. Do everything possible to keep part of the York Street end available to home fans. (Hopefully the early kick off time and the fact the game is televised will put a few Rochdale fans off coming).

(2) If there's a genuine need to shift home fans around for crowd number reasons, alternate which stand accommodates the away support - Town End, York Street and Spayne Road each taking it in turns. Would be a whole lot fairer as at least it is not the same people being asked to move every time. I believe each stand has its own toilet and catering facilities, so ought to be viable.

Whatever happens, at least the move to the Quadrant should let us all settle on a preferred stand and not have to worry about these things again.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2019, 09:35:29 AM »
Spayne Road is a non-starter for away fans - you can't give the whole thing to them, and there's only one block of toilets and one snack bar for the whole stand so you can't divide it up either.

The Town End/York Street rotation will be in the match-day plans the club agreed with the relevant licencing bodies anyway - nothing we can do about it.

As you say, this is an issue that will eventually disappear with the new stadium, although not for as long as we only have two stands. Lord only knows how Boston intend to fudge that til the remaining two are constructed.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2019, 10:53:21 AM »
As you say, this is an issue that will eventually disappear with the new stadium, although not for as long as we only have two stands. Lord only knows how Boston intend to fudge that til the remaining two are constructed.

Same as how FC United do it? Assuming the empty areas can still have a line of hard-standing around it, we can give them that plus a block of seating...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2019, 11:22:12 AM »

Same as how FC United do it? Assuming the empty areas can still have a line of hard-standing around it, we can give them that plus a block of seating...

That's a possibility, although we'd have to give them half the new stand and one of the two concourses otherwise the segregation wouldn't actually be segregation.

Unless we follow FC a bit further.... and simply don't segregate for run-of-the-mill games, only enforcing it for games where issues are expected.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2019, 02:03:34 PM »

To give the opposing view, I'm a season ticket holder in the York Street end, and it is hugely frustrating when we get moved out. A few seasons ago, for example, you spend the whole season watching the matches from a favoured viewing point amongst people that you know; a play off game then materialises (v Chorley), and you have to watch it from an unfamiliar angle amongst people that you don't know. It's not nice when it happens, and some of the people in the York Street end have been season ticket holders in there for decades.

My suggestions:

(1) Make the Rochdale replay all ticket for away fans, so we know in advance exactly how many are coming. Do everything possible to keep part of the York Street end available to home fans. (Hopefully the early kick off time and the fact the game is televised will put a few Rochdale fans off coming).

(2) If there's a genuine need to shift home fans around for crowd number reasons, alternate which stand accommodates the away support - Town End, York Street and Spayne Road each taking it in turns. Would be a whole lot fairer as at least it is not the same people being asked to move every time. I believe each stand has its own toilet and catering facilities, so ought to be viable.

Whatever happens, at least the move to the Quadrant should let us all settle on a preferred stand and not have to worry about these things again.

They can't please us all LP .,  I think to be fair over the years the town enders have mainly had the sh*ty end of the stick on these occasions .      I'm a season ticket holder in the Main Stand and have been a YS regular for 72 years .    If I have to give up my seat and stand on the terrace in P*ssing rain so be it .      It's a price we all would have settled for pre-season .