Author Topic: well done  (Read 6790 times)

barbary

• View Profile
well done
« on: December 01, 2019, 04:15:52 PM »
On making the 3rd round draw :-))

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: well done
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 04:26:21 PM »
A massive effort to at least come back with a draw, although going on the reports on tv we was the better team on the day.
Now lets pray for a massive Premier League team to be paired with us in the draw which will then give us one huge incentive to grab the replay win. 
Decent effort by the fans today, it's moments like this when everyone comes together.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 04:32:59 PM »
The old girls gonna get her big night under the lights

danboston

• Olè Pilgrims olè!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 04:37:02 PM »
A draw against a L1 side: credit to the team!

Still in the cup, with a replay to come.   :)

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 04:44:07 PM »
The old girls gonna get her big night under the lights

Yes & thoroughly deserved! We couldn't get a home draw out the hat; so we go to a League 1 club & bring one back on pure merit, skill & endeavour. I listened on radio Manchester & they said throughout the 94 mins we we much the better team. You could hear our fans singing their hearts out until the final whistle. Well done everybody!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 06:09:41 PM »
Well done - a fabulous result!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Ben Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 06:27:24 PM »
Excellent Performance today, one of the best i have seen from Boston in a long time.. And the Boston fans were superb. What an enjoyable day out!

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 06:46:01 PM »
Superb result today, especially considering the other non-leafue teams didn't fair too well this weekend.  The lads deserve the prospect of a PL team in the draw.

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 08:00:16 PM »

Well done all- Craig, the players and the superb supporters. Gold star to Rob & Mark for the excellent online coverage. Thanks to Chestnuts,,without them we wouldn't have a team to support.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 08:09:13 PM »
Agree. Work rate and desire was absolutely top class today. Couldn't fault anybody at all.

A shame we couldn't nick it in the end, I worry they come and turn us over easily at YS but based on today we looked the better side. All eyes on tomorrow night and then the replay. I suspect the draw will determine which replays are selected for TV coverage. The replay is also on a Champions League night so not sure which channel BT would potentially show it on...realistically it wouldn't get too many viewers as the armchair football fan is much more likely to watch Spurs, Chelsea, City or Liverpool than Boston v Rochdale. Still it would bring in some great revenue for the club.

The dream of course we win it and then play one of those four listed above in R3....Super Sunday 4.30pm on BBC 1!!!

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 08:17:45 PM »
We are 57. Home versus 22 would be good - Jurgen Klopp & Co.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 08:22:44 PM »
Just watched the MOTD highlights on BBC2. They talked about a penalty not given but I thought we were luckier earlier - if Henderson leaves the rebound off the post for his onside teammate we would have been 1-0 down at half-time.
But great performance from all involved - and I think we are the lowest-ranked team left in the draw?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:21:23 PM by John Chapman »

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 08:24:07 PM »
PS and thanks to Barbary for still thinking of us.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
Very proud of our support.  Very proud of our team. Enough said great day out. But now we need to get our mates. Colleagues any one to fill York Street for one last time.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »
What a great day for us and the club. A thousand Pilgrims giving the kind of support 10,000 would give you were all wonderful. I suppose it will be the faithfull few at Kiddy next Saturday but I hope today proved to those undecided that it really is worth returning to the fold. This is in no way having a pop at anyone as not all are able to get down to every game for many reasons, I recognise I am one of the luckky ones who now has the time and wherewithall to get to most games, I am just appealing to those who for various reasons don't go to games, please trust the owners of the club who have dragged this club by the scruff of the neck from oblivium to getting BUFC noticed nationally and internationally for all the right reasons, This is now a club you can support and be proud of. Come on we would love you to love the club again.  UTP.