Author Topic: Spartans  (Read 3567 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Spartans
« on: November 19, 2019, 10:13:38 PM »
Bloody freezing but another 3 points and another clean sheet. Decent game, crap officials. Thought Alex Whittle was deservedly given the MOM.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spartans
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 10:21:27 PM »
The first goal was excellent play..a bright spot in an low key first half... Turned  it on second half..could have had four .
On a downer note... where did Rent  a Gob and his couple of  mates turn up from. Unpleasant lot...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 11:21:26 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 10:54:00 PM »
Was that the guy shouting Levi non stop. Heard that a bit weird. When they came out and had Lee Clark as manager i must admit bit worried. He’s turned them round and he’s great pedigree as manager and player with some huge club. But we I think performed well and did enough to win comfortably but they played their part with some tidy play and I think will climb to safety. Two funny moments first ten minutes the ball nearly bounced off the roof and the Lino wasn’t looking and second half when we scored a second I said to Lee come on Gazza sort your lot out he’d lost the charm offensive he had in the first half. Another win well done just a shame the crowds aren’t building to support the great outfit we have and our last home games.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:25:10 PM »
First shouting Julian Joachim ..then Lee Canoville.. then Bring back Steve Evans.... interspersed with "Boston united" .. once Levi came on they turned their attention to him.  It wasn't racist..just intimidating somehow..

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 12:23:12 AM »
Good win and thoroughly enjoyed the match, especially Alex Whittle,s crunching tackle in the second half.
We have a very good team now, and play with alot aggression and determination.
Well done everyone.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 07:46:54 AM »
Quite a bit of negativity on twitter on Facebook. Admittedly we weren’t great first half but created good scoring opportunities with a well taken goal. Second half I thought it’s the best I’ve seen us play this season especially against a team that’s been on a good run.

One player that I haven’t been too keen on is Knowles, last night he linked up play brilliantly and arriving late in the box to score the first goal showed some real class. Think he’s one of those players that you don’t realise fully what he brings to the team. He also looks leaner and quicker than early season.

We are in the mix now for the playoffs, time to cause an FA Cup upset now.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 08:39:09 AM »
loved going to the old place underlights one more time.

really good to get the win, thought Whittle and Jackson were excellent, as were Thewlis and Knowles.

Funny game, could easily have been 4 or 5, but also could have gone very wrong very fast had Blyth scored and our right back got sent off.

Happy with the win, but maybe we need to be a bit more clinical when the big boys come to play.  Felt we left a few out there tonight.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »
First shouting Julian Joachim ..then Lee Canoville.. then Bring back Steve Evans.... interspersed with "Boston united" .. once Levi came on they turned their attention to him.  It wasn't racist..just intimidating somehow..

Why were they shouting that?

Unfortunately, one of the consequences of the club becoming more successful (as will hopefully be the case over the next few years) is that there will inevitably be an increase in the number of very unpleasant people no-one's ever seen before rolling up to games to swagger round as if they've been there since the dawn of time and own the place. Happened before under Evans, and will no doubt happen again.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »

Why were they shouting that?

Unfortunately, one of the consequences of the club becoming more successful (as will hopefully be the case over the next few years) is that there will inevitably be an increase in the number of very unpleasant people no-one's ever seen before rolling up to games to swagger round as if they've been there since the dawn of time and own the place. Happened before under Evans, and will no doubt happen again.

An ex player was close to them...he found it embarrassing as did the Peterborough Sports manager (nice guy)..
The prats in question I've not seen before.