Author Topic: Farsley Celtic  (Read 7369 times)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: Farsley Celtic
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 09:11:50 PM »
Good grief. How to get 3 points the hard way. On Tuesday, bring in Middleton alongside Shiels if Penny doesn't make it. Now Woolford is out for 3 games, PLEASE give George Greene a start.
 I'm not slagging Woolford for getting sent off. Almost the opposite. At times I think we've been pushed around on the pitch. That's why I like Middleton in the back 4. A bit of "Mr. Nasty" in midfield as well would certainly be welcome.
 The best example I can give of this is the Birmingham City team of the mid-80s. They were fairly hopeless skillwise. But they had half a dozen players who were certifiable. The winger, Robert Hopkins, had a party piece where he dramatically avoided a full-back's tackle before landing with both feet in his groin. The goalkeeper, Tony Coton, made a regular habit at corners of trying to punch the ball but invariably punching the center forward. Pat Van Der Hauwe, center half, just enjoyed hurting people. He was booked virtually every week.The true psycho was Mick Harford at center forward. He genuinely scared people, including his own team mates. Sam Allardyce finally brought the "reign of terror" to an end when he took out his entire row of top teeth with his elbow. Harford just smiled at him with no teeth. The team fell apart shortly afterwards for two reasons. Firstly, Noel Blake[center-half], head-butted Steve McMahon unconscious at the end of a Blues-Villa derby, and Howard Gayle got more than friendly with the manager's[Ron Saunders] daughter.

UTP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 10:04:13 PM »
First bad decision was when Penny was assaulted in the penalty area and the ref waved play on when it was a clear penalty

First bad decision was before that, when Thewlis was caught so late it was almost in the second half, on 11 minutes. Their number 7 seemed to start his 2-footed tackle after Thewlis had kicked the ball away to run onto!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 10:29:24 PM »
Good grief. How to get 3 points the hard way. On Tuesday, bring in Middleton alongside Shiels if Penny doesn't make it. Now Woolford is out for 3 games, At times I think we've been pushed around on the pitch. That's why I like Middleton in the back 4.
UTP

Is Middleton fit and available?  He hasn't been included in last 2 squads.
United we stand..................

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 10:46:47 PM »
Good grief. How to get 3 points the hard way. On Tuesday, bring in Middleton alongside Shiels if Penny doesn't make it. Now Woolford is out for 3 games, At times I think we've been pushed around on the pitch. That's why I like Middleton in the back 4.
UTP

he played the full game versus Grantham, so I'd guess out of favour
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 11:17:14 PM »
UTP

he played the full game versus Grantham, so I'd guess out of favour

For me he was Man of the Match v Grantham.
United we stand..................

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 02:14:46 AM »
When a ref makes a bad decision and then tries to atone for it with another bad decision it is always going to be a long frustrating afternoon. First bad decision was when Penny was assaulted in the penalty area and the ref waved play on when it was a clear penalty, the assault was so bad it was the end of the game for the lad. The ref then gives us a penalty for hand ball again a poor decision that was only made to square up his first error however Jordan slotted it away and it was rightly 1 - 0. The equaliser for them was simply poor defending with their size it is obvious most of their goals come from set pieces the lad just stood and nodded in the free kick 1-1 at half time. Early pressure from them but it was us who scored next a great through ball to Jordan who somehow managed to play it beautifully into the path of Knowlesy of burried it very well 2-1. They piled on the pressure screaming and diving all over, again the equaliser was a gift penalty when it appeared Crooks brought down their man on the dead ball line when there seemed little danger 2-2. Then the fun started it appeared their tactics wound up Woolford who was dismissed for what appeared to be a straight left laying out the opponent straight red and down to ten, At this stage it should have been settle for a point but the lads thought diferrent, on came Jay instantly creating havock so much so sprinting into the box and going down for another penalty, Jordan can't miss 3-2. Now shut up shop but no our right back get sent off for a second yellow for kicking away the ball this whist Farsley are kicking seven colours out of us. Down to nine odds stacked against us and then out of nowhere comes (my boy)Abbot rounds the keeper and slots it home beautifully. Sorry to have gone on a bit but I really think this result sets us on our way.  UTP
Great report Mel and a fantastic result considering what went against us, l have listened to their managers post match interview , and for once it was a good honest opinion of how the game was, he e en praised how good our squad is and acknowledge that we are a big club and are certain play off contenders.
Us both last season were critical of Abbott last season, but like you l now have nothing but praise for him, what a season him and Thanoj are having, let's hope this new found form and confidence continues in the absence of Woolford, but either way we will know soon enough.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 07:29:28 AM »
Just to say I thought Craig's second half subs were spot-on. Not that the players who came off were doing badly but first when it was 2-2 and down to ten men, having Rollins on to run at them was a good way to relieve the pressure and get some fouls to us (and indeed another penalty). And when you are defending a lead, Wafula can win a few headers on the wing but then be able to keep the ball for a minute or two - which he did...

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 04:51:51 PM »
A nice easy one for me - a short bus ride. So I went along with my camera and took a few snaps. I put a few on Twitter (kenafox) and most on a public photo album on my Facebook page. Also the usual little Gallery selection on my website.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »
Crazy game but at least 3 points - although at what cost? Take each game as it comes.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 02:26:30 PM »
I enjoyed! Late call to go up there once the local games around Spalding had been called off (apart from Moulton Harrox I know).

Cheers to the bloke who picked up my car keys and gave them back to me at FT. Must have come out of my shorts pocket during the fourth goal celebrations but massively appreciate that as could have been an awkward evening for me around Farsley.