Author Topic: Prediction League - Farsley Celtic vs Boston United  (Read 11147 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Prediction League - Farsley Celtic vs Boston United
« on: November 13, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
The last time Boston played at Farsley Celtic was in a NPL President's Cup game in February 1997. I was there - in a "crowd" of 81. Boston lost 2-1. :( This season newly promoted Farsley have got off to a good start and currently sit in 6th place with 4 more points than Boston. My Computer is predicting a Draw. I'm going for:

Farsley Celtic 0-2 Boston United (481)

Just found my match report from 1997 on my website:

Farsley Celtic 2-1 Pilgrims
President's Cup
Another cold, wet match in Yorkshire and another 2-1 loss, but on this occasion the game went into extra time before any goals were scored. New signing Jonathan Scargill was ineligible for this President's Cup Second Round replay at the Throstle Nest, so Martyn Bunce took over in goal. Carl Smaller was preferred to Simon Armstrong in the wing back position and Andrew Stanhope got the No. 10 shirt ahead of Steve Williams. There was not much action in the first half, Leroy Chambers and Phil Brown battled away up front with Stanhope playing further back. About the only moves of note were on the half hour when Carl Smaller shot straight at the Farsley keeper and ten minutes before half time when Steve Chambers shot over the top from the edge of the area following a corner. Ten minutes into the second half and Farsley thought they had won a penalty when their No. 8 was fouled running into the area. The referee blew for the penalty but then noticed the assistant referee was signalling him, and after consultation changed the decision to a Farsley free kick just outside the area. The shot from the free kick was well struck but went just to the right of the goal. Ten minutes later Leroy Chambers had a header saved following a nice bit of skill when Steve Chambers released Phil Brown on the right of the penalty area to get a good cross in. United then brought on Simon Armstrong in place of Carl Smaller who was soon combining well with Mason. A neat one-two released Mason whose shot was saved. With five minutes to go United made another substitution, bringing on Steve Williams to replace Leroy Chambers.    At ninety minutes the game was still goalless so the game went into extra time. Straight away Boston nearly went into the lead when a Steve Chambers shot from outside the area passed just over the bar. Four minutes later Phil BROWN put us into the lead. Mason broke down the right and got in a cross which found its way through to Brown who calmly shot past the Farsley keeper. Armstrong could have finished the game off five minutes later when he was put in the clear with only the keeper to beat but his tame shot was pushed past the post. The second period of extra time started with another good chance. Stanhope was brought down just outside the area and Withe's free kick had to be tipped over the bar by the keeper. Mason was booked after tripping the Farsley No. 11 as he went on a surging run through the centre. Eight minutes from the end Farsley equalised with a curling shot from LEAROYD from a tight angle on the left of the area that went in off the far post. Three minutes later Farsley scored a spectacular winner. Their No. 11 CARRINGTON noticed that Bunce was slightly off his line and lobbed the ball over him from about twenty yards outside the penalty area. Cook came on for Melson for the last few minutes and was unlucky not to equalise with a shot across the goalmouth.

United team: 1. Martyn Bunce, 2. Carl Smaller, 3. Chris Withe, 4. Greg Fee, 5. Mark Melson, 6. Steve Chambers, 7. Leroy Chambers, 8. Steve Appleby, 9. Phil Brown, 10. Andrew Stanhope, 11. Richard Mason, 12. Simon Armstrong, 14. Steve Williams, 15. Chris Cook.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Prediction League - Farsley Celtic vs Boston United
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 01:01:01 PM »
Farsley Celtic 0 Boston United 3. Attendance 503.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »
farsely celtic 2 boston 1
att 556

Lordguff
Farsley cultic 2 boston 2
Att 650
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 02:42:01 PM by doc »

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 01:16:19 PM »
FCFC 1-3 BUFC
ATT: 613

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 01:23:15 PM »
Farsley 0  Pilgrims 4  ( 510 )

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
Farsley 1.....2 Bufc   431
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 05:31:44 PM »
Celtic 1 - 2 Boston
Att 495
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 08:59:09 PM »
0-2 438
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 09:10:17 PM »
FCFC 1 BUFC 2 444
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BostonTilIDie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 09:15:29 PM »
Farsley 1 Boston 3 517

C.B.

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 11:09:05 PM »
Farsley 1 -1 Boston

Att 513

abully

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 07:17:12 AM »
Farsley Celtic 1 Boston U 2

Att 501

schismrule

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 08:55:48 AM »
Farsley Celtic 0-3 Boston United (495)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 09:52:21 AM »
1-3 478

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 10:59:25 AM »
Farsley Celtic   1 - 2  Boston United    (Att:  486)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 09:04:34 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................