Author Topic: Spennymoor  (Read 6767 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Spennymoor
« on: November 12, 2019, 08:04:03 PM »
http://mixlr.com/spennymoor-town-football-club/    commentary reasonably good

We're 1 nil up  ;D

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spennymoor
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 08:11:50 PM »
1 - 1
United we stand..................

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »
Unlucky,  should have been two up.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 09:37:17 PM »
2 - 1 down and final score
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:40:20 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 09:38:32 PM »
Cheats do prosper :-[

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 09:40:49 PM »
Lost 2-1 Bugger!!

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 10:06:35 PM »
why leave team changes to the last 10 minutes, it’s not even long enough to loosen up. It’s been a tough week for the players though, lot of travelling and the effort put into Saturdays game. With a couple of exceptions we do have a good squad and they are really maturing and gelling as a unit.
Just a side question, will our game in the 2nd round definitely be on the Saturday or is it yet to be decided. Could it be the Friday or Sunday.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 06:36:14 AM »
Spennymoor, the new Runcorn, bloody Runcorn.

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 09:32:09 AM »
why leave team changes to the last 10 minutes, it’s not even long enough to loosen up. It’s been a tough week for the players though, lot of travelling and the effort put into Saturdays game. With a couple of exceptions we do have a good squad and they are really maturing and gelling as a unit.
Just a side question, will our game in the 2nd round definitely be on the Saturday or is it yet to be decided. Could it be the Friday or Sunday.

Not decided yet, don't think it will be until all replays have been played. So still could be the Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday!
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 11:24:34 AM »
Thanks for that.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 12:56:43 PM »
The League's ineptitude in dealing with problematic clubs cost us 3 points yesterday - not the Boston United XI. Unlucky lads, but you shouldn't have been required to play last night.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »
The League's ineptitude in dealing with problematic clubs cost us 3 points yesterday - not the Boston United XI. Unlucky lads, but you shouldn't have been required to play last night.
Totally agree

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 05:25:15 PM »
Totally agree
It does have a massive effect on a team that is part time, but this league consistently let's them get away with it.
As l understand from last night's game that we were the better side and played some really good football.
The results away from home to top sides have been very narrow defeats, and we are beginning to become a very good footballing side with true depth in the squad.
I think we will become a real force as the season goes on.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 07:46:41 PM »
Totally agree
It does have a massive effect on a team that is part time, but this league consistently let's them get away with it.
As l understand from last night's game that we were the better side and played some really good football.
The results away from home to top sides have been very narrow defeats, and we are beginning to become a very good footballing side with true depth in the squad.
I think we will become a real force as the season goes on.

I think so too. With our home games stacking up, I think a play off place is good bet.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2019, 08:06:12 PM »
Totally agree

According to The Northern Echo newspaper; Spennymoor requested permission from the NL to play their first four home games of the season away from home on  their Agronomists advice. The NL allowed that; apart from the Boston United home Fixture on the 10 August. The National League would not allow that fixture to be played at York Street??