Author Topic: 2nd Round Draw  (Read 12903 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Round Draw
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 10:23:28 PM »
Was in the Pilgrims Lounge with others and there was a lot of groans when we were drawn out. I actually feel we are well capable of at least securing a replay against either team, (that looks the only chance of playing a cup game at home). Come on everyone have faith in the lads they have done us proud up to now and we need to give them our total support like last saturday.  UTP

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2019, 11:44:49 PM »
Was anybody actually surprised. I'll live in hope of a home draw in the third round
against a top Premier League side.!!!!!!

To stop any conspiracy theories I actually saw ball 31 rolling around in the dish several
times so that put pays to that.

Anyone know how many consecutive away draws that is in both the trophy and fa cup??

5 this season in FA Cup
1 this season in FA Trophy
2 last season in FA Trophy
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2019, 08:07:19 AM »
We may well end up playing away at Wrexham twice in an FA competition since getting a home draw!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2019, 08:37:34 AM »
Was in the Pilgrims Lounge with others and there was a lot of groans when we were drawn out. I actually feel we are well capable of at least securing a replay against either team, (that looks the only chance of playing a cup game at home). Come on everyone have faith in the lads they have done us proud up to now and we need to give them our total support like last saturday.  UTP
Totally agree with you,  this time we are the underdogs and expected to loose.
The pressure is all on them.
Can't wait for the game, against either side.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2019, 06:41:23 PM »
It was the 2nd round of the FA Cup on 11th Dec 1971 at York Street in front of 4,738 fans that formed the destiny of Neil Warnock.
A journeyman winger who played for eight different clubs, Sheffield-born Warnock instantly recalls the moment when, as a 24-year-old, he first considered management.
"It was Hartlepool, 1972," he says.  "We got beat at Boston in the FA Cup and [manager] Len Ashurst called us all in the next day and started on every player and what he thought of them.  "He got to me and I'll never forget what he said - what we should have done and why we let him down and the club down.
"I knew I could never get to the top. I wasn't good enough. I was a quick, brainless winger.  "I realised the only way I could get to the top was as a manager. I loved talking when I was playing and telling people what to do."
United we stand..................

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2019, 05:30:18 PM »
It was the 2nd round of the FA Cup on 11th Dec 1971 at York Street in front of 4,738 fans that formed the destiny of Neil Warnock.
A journeyman winger who played for eight different clubs, Sheffield-born Warnock instantly recalls the moment when, as a 24-year-old, he first considered management.
"It was Hartlepool, 1972," he says.  "We got beat at Boston in the FA Cup and [manager] Len Ashurst called us all in the next day and started on every player and what he thought of them.  "He got to me and I'll never forget what he said - what we should have done and why we let him down and the club down.
"I knew I could never get to the top. I wasn't good enough. I was a quick, brainless winger.  "I realised the only way I could get to the top was as a manager. I loved talking when I was playing and telling people what to do."
I think he is very good at getting management jobs and then getting sacked and picking up a big fat pay off .
You can never financially loose when managing at his level.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »
I think he is very good at getting management jobs and then getting sacked and picking up a big fat pay off .

A little unfair, I can’t think of many managers who have seen 7 teams promoted?

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2019, 08:47:15 PM »
More frustrating was that Peterborough was the next ball out.. What a tie that would have been!

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2019, 12:02:37 AM »

Yes probably is in his case, but it's common place in the Premiership and Championship, you fail still get a massive financial reward.
"I don't believe you""

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2019, 07:14:13 AM »

Yes probably is in his case, but it's common place in the Premiership and Championship, you fail still get a massive financial reward.

Warnock worked his way up, he didn't start at the top. He started at Trinity!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2019, 10:22:39 PM »
I see on another site we play on the Saturday.  It as the list of the televised matches, we are not on that list. 
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2019, 07:48:51 AM »
There are usually matches moved to the Sunday for BBC live Final Score, too.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2019, 04:01:42 PM »

Warnock worked his way up, he didn't start at the top. He started at Trinity!
And failed in his application for a job at Boston .

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2019, 07:46:30 PM »
There are usually matches moved to the Sunday for BBC live Final Score, too.
Ours has been moved. 2pm kick-off on Sunday December 1st.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2019, 05:21:53 PM »
Apparently worth £12,500 in compensation (TV money) for moving fixture from Saturday to Sunday. Anybody know if this is per team or to be halved between the two teams?