Author Topic: It's on it's way!  (Read 14629 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: It's on it's way!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2019, 11:35:18 AM »
Interesting morning on BBC Radio Lincs Breakfast with Scott. They had a reporter down at the Quadrant talking to the Newton and some of the contractors, including the project manager. Steelwork for the north stand is complete, and the frame for the main stand will take another six weeks or so, and then the fit out of both stands can begin. The pitch will be seeded in early 2020. Interestingly, the curved floodlight pylons in the original design have been retained. I feared they might be value engineered to more standard pylons to save money but nope, we're getting them. They're going to be pretty unique! If you're not excited about this project yet, you should be by now ;D

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2019, 11:42:24 AM »
DN mentioned the floodlights at the AGM last week, the plans were there too. He's making them available in the social club at some point and also at strategic points in the ground.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »
DN mentioned the floodlights at the AGM last week, the plans were there too. He's making them available in the social club at some point and also at strategic points in the ground.

They're also on the BBC planning portal for anyone to look at right now.

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2019, 05:56:46 PM »
Wow, getting turned on by curved pylons. Can’t wait to see them. Don’t know their precise locations but have got to be better than Stamford’s. The only stand with seats and then someplonker positions the light pylons to obstruct views of the goal mouths.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2019, 10:49:43 AM »
Wow, getting turned on by curved pylons. Can’t wait to see them. Don’t know their precise locations but have got to be better than Stamford’s. The only stand with seats and then someplonker positions the light pylons to obstruct views of the goal mouths.

Looking at the plans, they're situated outside the ground and curve into it.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2019, 11:52:51 AM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2019, 12:26:37 PM »
One thing I'm going to be very interested in seeing is what happens with the Main Stand as regards the fitness suite that also forms part of the community sports hall, which is not part of phase 1 (I assume). This suite is integrated into the main stand, so presumably either the main stand is going to be left unfinished or the suite will be built and left unconnected to the non-existent hall. I'm no expert but I would assume the latter option will be taken since the stand's roof also covers the fitness suite and probably all needs building in one go?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2019, 01:46:41 PM »
Certainly a lot to like about the new stadium.

Is there any update on whether the funding is available to do the east and south stands.

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »
Thanks for the picture. Sensible place for the lights.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »
Certainly a lot to like about the new stadium.

Is there any update on whether the funding is available to do the east and south stands.

Nothing official. The east stand is smaller than the north, so I wouldn't expect that to cost much. The south is more problematic as that's the one with the giant bloody sports centre stuck to the back of it! I thought some of the funding was contingent on us delivering the community elements (might be wrong on this point) so I wouldn't expect us to be hanging around with a half-finished stadium for too long.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 07:59:40 AM »
I think it's the case of what they can reasonably build in that time frame, rather than what they can afford.
They only have 12 months to get us something up that we can have ready to play in for the 2020/21 season.
It's a race against time really.

Agree with that, however several clubs have done it that way recently, FCUM, Fylde, more recently Salford. As u say it's just a case of FL regs being met for 20/21 season then rest of stadium completed when funds allow. Pretty sure FCUM still fundraising 2 complete west stand.
I think we also have to remember that they can continue building during the week next season when we are not playing there, so l would imagine that it will be finished quicker than we think.
I thought l read somewhere,probably on the Facebook page that the funding now was sorted.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2019, 10:26:36 AM »
Wonderful now all the questions on the new stadium are "how?" rather than the previous "will?".
United we stand..................

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2019, 11:40:37 AM »
For anyone wondering what the new ground might look like I guess today's opponents, Telford's ground is as close as you might find.

Their main stand is very similar in design and capacity to the plans for our new main stand

Their east stand like ours is a terrace just a few steps high although ours will be covered.

Our north stand will probably be similar size to theirs. With our south stand being a bit smaller.

I reckon our north stand will look more like Chester's terrace below which is almost the same capacity and design.