Author Topic: Carshalton Town  (Read 20363 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Re: Carshalton Town
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2019, 01:29:58 PM »
Hope I can get Radio Lincoln on internet as in Naples Florida

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2019, 03:44:04 PM »
Boston United 2 up thanks to Thanoj's  20 yard free kick and a Shiels header.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 03:46:01 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2019, 05:19:30 PM »
4-1. Great result. Well done to all the took part - players, staff and THE FANS!!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

danboston

• Olè Pilgrims olè!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2019, 05:39:00 PM »
Fabulous Pilgrims!  8)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2019, 05:45:44 PM »
Great performance. Friendly club and people.   The gate was 1800 out of that I’ll be amazed if there wasn’t a 1000 Boston supporters. Great atmosphere great performance.  Well done Craig at the end of the game the players really did show how much it mattered.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2019, 05:47:32 PM »
Take a bow Craig Elliott, players,fans and most of all Mr Newton and Mr Kempster. £36000 in the bank and the prospect of more to come. Well done to all concerned.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »
Really good performance today. Controlled first half and under the pump a bit second but good subs to bring Rollins on to test them with his pace.

Their fans came out and commented to me how we were 10 times better than Dagenham and that Shiels and Thewlis were class (I thought Thewlis was relatively quiet for him!).

Good set up for that level too.

But last word goes to us as fans. Great turnout. Agree that if there was 1800 there then must be at least 1000 of us as only heard them when they scored. Players and management acknowledged it too and felt like we were there as one.

In the hat on Monday night - Chichester at home for me then if we get through a day out (and pay day) at Man U/Spurs/Liverpool would do me!

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2019, 06:29:04 PM »
Well done to the players staff and fans today, now for a money spinning tie in the next round ;D

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2019, 09:21:33 PM »
Fricking awesome! Great day out. Nervy second half but the lads were quality throughout.  Fans were awesome. Fair play to carshalton they were pacy and had quite a few chances- fans were friendly.
Second round here we come!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2019, 11:03:26 PM »
Take a bow Craig Elliott, players,fans and most of all Mr Newton and Mr Kempster. £36000 in the bank and the prospect of more to come. Well done to all concerned.

Absolutely right Dave. Just consider this though, If Carshalton had won the £36000 plus what they had already earned would have given them around £70000 plus, that would have set them up for years to come. As it is it is us that have won that amount so it will just about cover this seasons rent. So yes we should be applauding David and Neil and thanking them for our very existence and enabling us to enjoy some fantastic moments.  UTP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2019, 12:33:15 AM »
Mel bang on. Just got home after an amazing day out with mates and seeing so many die hard fans their must have been more away support than I have seen for many years. Credit to Carlshalton and stewards bar staff etc and their fans quality for a community club but today was the reward for a top chairman and manager for the long game. Look at Craig’s video he is so chuffed and so he and the players should be as the the support to day was nothing but class from the beginning to the end. Lot of pride tonight.  But  always say it the neg heads never post when we do well. Shame on you   As today even the home fans were recording the amazing support as they have never seen anything like it.  Last word to the Hope Pub thank you for hospitality quality.   

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2019, 08:55:19 AM »

Absolutely right Dave. Just consider this though, If Carshalton had won the £36000 plus what they had already earned would have given them around £70000 plus, that would have set them up for years to come. As it is it is us that have won that amount so it will just about cover this seasons rent. So yes we should be applauding David and Neil and thanking them for our very existence and enabling us to enjoy some fantastic moments.  UTP

Great result ,  not often I can relate to the tension and excitement of games by listening to the radio ,  but yesterday Mark Hone and Dale Storey on BBC Lincs did a great job really felt the atmosphere in my armchair at Boston .      Too much negativity as well Mel ,  Lets get a good draw on Monday and me can think of the "big boys " at YS for a great finale .

Your Carshallton  cash flow projection was slightly overstated Mel,   70K even at most clubs at  our level would hardly pay the wages and day to day running costs for a couple of months .  which puts into prospective the huge financial contribution of Chestnuts .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2019, 09:47:29 AM »
Posted today, as after yesterday's exertion I went straight to bed.

What can I say that has not already been said?  Well done to everybody from the chairman down.  Well done to us the fans.  A neutral would have found it hard to guess who was at home.

Am I right in thinking we are the lowest ranked club on merit into the 2nd round? ( excluding the bye and replays).  I am sure someone will have the answer :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2019, 10:12:35 AM »
Landed at heathrow Saturday at 6am from Washington DC, 3 trains to peterborough by 1030. Collect my lad, 2 trains back down to Carshalton, 2 trains back up. Proper tired after 24hrs no sleep, but was it worth it. 110% UTP.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2019, 10:57:08 AM »
Landed at heathrow Saturday at 6am from Washington DC, 3 trains to peterborough by 1030. Collect my lad, 2 trains back down to Carshalton, 2 trains back up. Proper tired after 24hrs no sleep, but was it worth it. 110% UTP.

Light Weight! Seriously Prof great support that.