Author Topic: Carshalton Town  (Read 20373 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carshalton Town
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 10:23:19 PM »
would i be right in thinking that the last time we played in the M25 it ended well??

Wasn't our last M25 match a defeat at Dartford?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 10:33:24 PM »
Did we not play them in the 70s or 80s. I'm sure I  went there. Tried looking on Ken's site but can't find it.
My mate tells me I've gone daft in my old age.  He says we did indeed draw them in the fa cup, but we failed to win the replay in the previous round. 
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 12:26:31 PM »
It's Carshalton Athletic. There's also a Carshalton FC, but they play in a park.

Don't go to the wrong ground!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 01:12:00 PM »
Another away tie, I thought I saw the woman pull our ball out of her pocket. Conspiracy theory again.

Should've gone to Specsavers (other companies are available!) the woman was pulling out the Home teams. ;)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 02:12:23 PM »
Just spoken to a customer from down that neck of the woods.

He says anyone looking for trouble will get it there, its not a very nice part of London. They are not a big club but they'll expect to pull a few local idiots in from the area rather like Peterborough Sports do.

So to any wannabe hooligans jumping on the club bandwagon like they tend to do every few years, be warned, if you go round giving it the Billy Big Bollocks in designer gear and want to get all Green St trust me, you'll find the locals won't tolerate it.

Those who want to go and enjoy the game will be fine, that applies to about 99% of us.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »
Just spoken to a customer from down that neck of the woods.

He says anyone looking for trouble will get it there, its not a very nice part of London. They are not a big club but they'll expect to pull a few local idiots in from the area rather like Peterborough Sports do.

So to any wannabe hooligans jumping on the club bandwagon like they tend to do every few years, be warned, if you go round giving it the Billy Big Bollocks in designer gear and want to get all Green St trust me, you'll find the locals won't tolerate it.

Those who want to go and enjoy the game will be fine, that applies to about 99% of us.

I was down that way for a wedding last weekend and can confirm it's a pretty horrible part of the world. Locals appear to be very unpleasant people. It's weird - you can kinda sense it getting off the train.

barbary

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 10:55:33 PM »
Carshalton fan here in peace :-)).....if you find a more welcoming club this season i would be surprised.The Robins strictly enforce the Respect programme run by the FA which gives the opportunity for young people to visit matches without hearing swearing and the nasty side of the game which no supporter wants to hear.......i cannot remember the last time we had crowd trouble @ our ground and if such trouble did occur i would be confident that it would not be initiated by the regular 500 that turn up for home games. With regards to the match if it was at your place then imo its a 80/20 in your favour but as you are aware this truly is a 50/50 game now so may the best team on the day win and i hope any of you travelling down will witness a fab game.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 09:10:24 AM »
Thanks for that post and good to hear. A couple of us coming by train any pubs nearby you recommend for us.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2019, 11:40:26 AM »
Carshalton fan here in peace :-)).....if you find a more welcoming club this season i would be surprised.The Robins strictly enforce the Respect programme run by the FA which gives the opportunity for young people to visit matches without hearing swearing and the nasty side of the game which no supporter wants to hear.......i cannot remember the last time we had crowd trouble @ our ground and if such trouble did occur i would be confident that it would not be initiated by the regular 500 that turn up for home games. With regards to the match if it was at your place then imo its a 80/20 in your favour but as you are aware this truly is a 50/50 game now so may the best team on the day win and i hope any of you travelling down will witness a fab game.

Is your chairman doing to ban himself after being caught swearing on live telly then?

In all seriousness, I hope it's a great game too. I think the caution stems from the fact we've had some pretty unpleasant experiences at FA Cup games when "non-regular" supporters have shown up. AFC Mansfield springs to mind.

But fingers crossed it all passes off peacefully. I'd take a draw and a replay at home to be honest - will certainly be a tough game.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 12:38:19 PM »
Live TV games picked:

"On Friday 8th November, National League South side Dulwich Hamlet will host Carlisle United of League Two. Kick-off at Champion Hill is at 7.55pm and the game will be shown on BBC Two.

On Sunday 10th November, National League Dover Athletic’s home tie with Southend United will be on BT Sport. Andy Hessenthaler’s side will kick off against Sol Campbell’s League One team at 12pm.

Later that day (2.15pm), Hayes & Yeading face Oxford United at home. The BT Sport cameras will be at Beaconsfield Road.

On Monday 11th November, Harrogate Town’s home clash with Portsmouth will also be shown on BT Sport. Kick-off for that one is at 7.45pm."

http://nonleaguedaily.com/four-non-league-sides-in-televised-fa-cup-action/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=four-non-league-sides-in-televised-fa-cup-action
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2019, 02:26:23 PM »
shame- i was convinced carshalton V boston would be on the telly
 ;D

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 07:26:18 PM »
 ;D

Are the BBC doing their Sunday programme again this season where they have studio-based 'as it happens' coverage of several games and frequently go over live to the grounds for updates?

If so, might our game be one of those selected for this?

barbary

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2019, 09:46:45 PM »

Thanks for that post and good to hear. A couple of us coming by train any pubs nearby you recommend for us.

They have a fair selection of beers at the clubhouse but a real ale connoisseurs pub is The Hope only about 10/15 minutes away from the ground.......exit the train station on to West St and turn left ....about a 3 minute walk.Not been there myself for a while as i have moved out of the area but the reviews still say its top notch :-))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:48:40 PM by barbary »

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2019, 06:23:06 PM »
 ;D

Are the BBC doing their Sunday programme again this season where they have studio-based 'as it happens' coverage of several games and frequently go over live to the grounds for updates?

If so, might our game be one of those selected for this?

So it seems not.

Our game will be on Saturday 9 November at 3.00p.m. as it is not one of the 13 ties selected for TV coverage of one kind or another.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2019, 04:26:57 PM »

They have a fair selection of beers at the clubhouse but a real ale connoisseurs pub is The Hope only about 10/15 minutes away from the ground.......exit the train station on to West St and turn left ....about a 3 minute walk.Not been there myself for a while as i have moved out of the area but the reviews still say its top notch :-))

I was also looking at popping in the hope too. Looks like they've got a decent selection in there and very close to the railway station and ground