Author Topic: AFC Fylde  (Read 5440 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
AFC Fylde
« on: October 12, 2019, 07:53:44 PM »
Sacked their manager and assistant manager one hour after their game today had been postponed. This is in spite of him having taken Fylde from a village side a few years ago to where they are now. Would have thought they would have given him a few more matches to sort themselves out like Morecambe have done.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Fylde
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 07:51:24 AM »
No loyalty in football or life.
Management are as bad as owners in football, look at  the Cowley,s, a few months ago they loved Lincoln and the club and fans.
Now they couldn't give a toss, no doubt they have fallen in love with Huddersfield, they should considering the money they have been paid.
Gimps no doubt got a good screw out of the deal, so that must of eased their conscience and pain.
The same would happen at Boston too if the club was offered a wedge of cash for Elliott.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »
I think our results would have to improve dramatically before any club would be interested in taking our Craig

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 06:57:17 AM »
I think our results would have to improve dramatically before any club would be interested in taking our Craig
You are spot on matey.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 07:59:03 AM »
You are spot on matey.
Lose next week at Hednesford and I think its time for a change. Not impressed at all but while we are still in with a shout of the first round he gets my backing.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »
Whilst he's not yet done enough for a team higher up to be interested, certainly not time for us to change manager.

We're 2 points off the playoffs with a game in hand. Reaching the playoffs was always going to be the aim and we're in the mix. Playing the best we have done since the DG side with Pidge, Southwell etc.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 12:28:02 PM »
Another way to look at it is that we're already ten points off top and way off the pace for the title or a helping hand in the play-offs by finishing top three. Which I think, despite how good we've looked in spells, is desperately disappointing given we're only in the second week of October.

Did I expect us to win the league? No. Did I expect us to at least be in touching distance of the title going into Christmas? With the squad we've got, yes - perhaps naively so, but yes I did. I'm starting to lose a little bit of patience. We've got a good team, we need to start piling up the points. No more excuses.

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 04:52:29 PM »
Got to remember we have already played most of the top teams and not too many of the bottom sides, we are only a few points outside the play offs with a game in hand and have a great chance of getting to the first round. Im very happy with Craig.
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 07:56:58 PM »
Not a time for change l am afraid.
We are not blazing a trail, but on the other hand we are hardly a dim light.
I do think though if we are not in the top five come the new year, the chairman will be a little concerned about our and Craig's position.
But saying that we are much better side than last season, for those of us who attended the fans forum, the feeling l got was that Craig has another couple of seasons to get us promoted as he is going to get time to build a promotion winning team.
"I don't believe you""

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 09:42:50 AM »
Where a Average club with a average cash flow playing slightly above average football (At times) so why change at this point. Oh i forgot after been spoilt with league 2 football its our god given right to beat every other team outside the league. reality check for some needed still

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 08:17:07 AM »
Where a Average club with a average cash flow playing slightly above average football (At times) so why change at this point. Oh i forgot after been spoilt with league 2 football its our god given right to beat every other team outside the league. reality check for some needed still

Well summed up .    The fact is some suggest we should achieve at least top 5 status .     When looking at the other teams competing in this league 10 other teams can put as good a case for top 5 spot .   

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 09:43:55 AM »
Again, that's one way of looking at it. The other way is that we have a settled spine of a team, and some extremely good players playing very very good football.... but with pretty poor results away from home. Which to me suggests there's something iffy about our game management and tactics.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 03:50:11 PM »
We are just outside the play offs with a game in hand, we are also one win away from the first round proper of the FA Cup and we are still in the Lincolnshire cup.
I wouldn't say that we are having a bad season so far.
Why do we always want to be all doom and gloom.
If all that wasn't enough, the new stadium is well under construction now.
Come on cheer up everyone.
"I don't believe you""

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 04:34:25 PM »
Spot on OBT!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 04:47:19 PM »
Over the years we've come to expect success.  For a number of years we were the best non league team in the country.  In recent years a shadow of our former selves. We crave more success ( nothing wrong with that).  We just have to expect less, but hope for more.  Starting with Hednesford.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late