Author Topic: v Darlo  (Read 7170 times)

natmic 66

• View Profile
Re: v Darlo
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 08:25:23 PM »
Greene will gone me thinks.....

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 09:34:11 AM »
Has George Greene gone AWOL? He was missing from the Sutton squad, no explaination, he was missing from the Darlington squad, no explaination. In between we have a surprise signing[Woolford] of a supposedly attacking midfielder. 2+2=4? I am half-expecting an announcement that his contract has been "terminated by mutual consent". I really hope I'm wrong.

Why does there need to be an announcement every time a player doesn't make the first XI or bench?

Well there doesn't really, but it helps avoid speculation on Twitter or forums if fans know why players aren't making the squad. Last I'd heard he was injured, but the silence since does sound kinda ominous.

I think his lack of versatility doesn't help him. He's an attacking midfielder, and we're playing 4-4-2. He doesn't fit in with CE's tactics currently.

I think he could have a role in a 4-4-1-1 in away games, but that would mean dropping either Thewlis or Knowles, or seeing Thewlis go to a winger role (not ideal).

I would agree that he doesn't really feel a natural fit for an Elliott side, which does rather beg the question - why on earth did we sign him then? I was hoping we'd perhaps learned our lesson re. tactical misfits after the Nathan Arnold debacle...

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 12:03:32 PM »
Good quality 15 minute clip of the Darlington game now on You Tube. Interesting stuff.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2019, 11:11:10 PM »
Where is the dependable OXO's matchday report??

Sorry Prof, No I'm not I was sat with my old mate San Miguel in Sunny Spain far better than poxy Darlington.