Author Topic: v Darlo  (Read 7169 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Darlo
« on: October 12, 2019, 03:08:57 PM »
I see there's no place for Greene in the squad today! is he injured or what??

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Darlo
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 03:18:07 PM »
15 mins gone and we're 2 down already!!!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 08:02:41 PM »
This is why I can't bring myself to make these seven hour round trips. So inconsistent away in the league.

TEP

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 10:44:53 PM »
Away form could kill us this season
By the time we put a tackle in we're 2 down

Didn't do enough to warrant a point although but for a freakish miss we'd have got one at the end

Their front 3 caused problems with their movement all afternoon.
Bad day all round as I traveled home with only one of my two flags. It seems like someone from outside the ground pinched it during the first half 👎

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 07:53:21 AM »

Didn't do enough to warrant a point although but for a freakish miss we'd have got one at the end

Bad day all round as I traveled home with only one of my two flags. It seems like someone from outside the ground pinched it during the first half 👎
Thieving gitts.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »

Thieving gitts.
it's on north and south Facebook fans page, obviously along with the name and picture of the scrote that had it away, if you can be bothered trying to get it back.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 11:56:14 AM »
I wasn't at the game but looking at the way we set up, I think for these games we need 3 in midfield
and Craig always seems to go with 2. Always outplayed in there putting pressure on both attackers
and defenders. What did fans who went think???

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 02:24:15 PM »
Has George Greene gone AWOL? He was missing from the Sutton squad, no explaination, he was missing from the Darlington squad, no explaination. In between we have a surprise signing[Woolford] of a supposedly attacking midfielder. 2+2=4? I am half-expecting an announcement that his contract has been "terminated by mutual consent". I really hope I'm wrong.

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 04:30:08 PM »
Where is the dependable OXO's matchday report??

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
Poor result. So inconsistent and frustrating.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »
I wasn't at the game but looking at the way we set up, I think for these games we need 3 in midfield
and Craig always seems to go with 2. Always outplayed in there putting pressure on both attackers
and defenders. What did fans who went think???

Yesterday we bypassed midfield a lot so wouldn't have made any difference
They had a go at playing and looked threatening
Our centre halves, excellent in the air usually, we're struggling with their movement

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 02:35:10 PM »
Has George Greene gone AWOL? He was missing from the Sutton squad, no explaination, he was missing from the Darlington squad, no explaination. In between we have a surprise signing[Woolford] of a supposedly attacking midfielder. 2+2=4? I am half-expecting an announcement that his contract has been "terminated by mutual consent". I really hope I'm wrong.

Why does there need to be an announcement every time a player doesn't make the first XI or bench?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 03:19:45 PM »

Why does there need to be an announcement every time a player doesn't make the first XI or bench?

Well there doesn't really, but it helps avoid speculation on Twitter or forums if fans know why players aren't making the squad. Last I'd heard he was injured, but the silence since does sound kinda ominous.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2019, 07:59:20 PM »

Well there doesn't really, but it helps avoid speculation on Twitter or forums if fans know why players aren't making the squad. Last I'd heard he was injured, but the silence since does sound kinda ominous.
I really hope he has not gone, the lad has not been given a fecking chance or opportunity to get back to his best.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 08:13:16 PM »

I think his lack of versatility doesn't help him. He's an attacking midfielder, and we're playing 4-4-2. He doesn't fit in with CE's tactics currently.

I think he could have a role in a 4-4-1-1 in away games, but that would mean dropping either Thewlis or Knowles, or seeing Thewlis go to a winger role (not ideal).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/