« on: September 23, 2019, 01:48:48 PM »
Away again to Kettering or Sutton Coldfield

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FA cup
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »
If we play like we did on Saturday then neither should present a problem
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Greengrass

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 09:46:42 PM »
If we play like we did on Saturday then neither should present a problem

Agree... but they will need to play like Stamford as well 👍

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 09:58:56 PM »
Have only played Sutton Coldfield twice - home and away in the Dr. Martens League Challenge Cup in March 1999. Drew the home game 2-2 and lost the away game 0-1. Had beaten Stamford 1-0 in an earlier round.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 09:39:41 PM »
Sutton Coldfield it is, beat Kettering 2-1 tonight in replay

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 10:39:21 AM »
Bingo!!! I can get a bus to the game! Sutton Coldfield is a well-off suburb on the North-East fringe of Birmingham. Strangely, the next district in, Kingstanding, is rough to put it mildly. 5th of October, can't wait.

UTP

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 01:41:26 PM »
Have only played Sutton Coldfield twice - home and away in the Dr. Martens League Challenge Cup in March 1999. Drew the home game 2-2 and lost the away game 0-1. Had beaten Stamford 1-0 in an earlier round.

Yeah I went that night, we lost to a last minute goal the Monday after losing to St Albans to a last minute goal in The Trophy.

The Fat Jock wasn't amused

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »

Yeah I went that night, we lost to a last minute goal the Monday after losing to St Albans to a last minute goal in The Trophy.

The Fat Jock wasn't amused

Not quite. We lost at St Albans (thanks to an unfortunate mistake from Tex Hardy), then lost at Worcester on the Monday, and then Sutton Coldfield on the Wednesday. Made it 4 losses in 8 days when we were beaten 1-0 by King's Lynn at York Street the following Saturday!

We put out a scratch side in the home leg of the Sutton Coldfield tie, but couldn't win it with a pretty much full strength XI in the second leg.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 04:55:25 PM »
Ah, that'd be the Kings Lynn game where TFJ accused Gary Mills of all sorts of things.........

I seem to think the other two defeats were down to the Southern League because they made us play a day after the St Albans game and then at Sutton the lads were exhausted

I miss his excuses.....

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 11:55:23 AM »
And then Gary Mills ended up playing for us, after he got sacked by KL, in 2000/01.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 04:49:55 PM »
I went to Worcester on the Monday there was 3 of us not counting the team bus driver. Think Leicester pilgrim was there.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 06:48:22 PM »
Into the next round! Comfortable win but should have been 4-0, Knowles had a bit of a stinker in front of goal, was a terrible penalty which almost cost us.

Anyway, on we go to hopefully a favourable draw for a spot in the first round proper.

natmic 66

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2019, 07:36:27 PM »
Your not allowed to be  negative towards Knowles on her. ;D

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 07:52:38 PM »
Ha! He wasn’t the only offender today, Thewlis really should have scored but doesn’t matter now. Onwards.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 10:02:24 PM »
Hallelujah! Another 11,000+ in the kitty. A home tie next please. Quick summing up.

1. The back 4 were never in any serious trouble. I can't recall Crook having to make a tricky save.
Ainge got subbed on the hour. Hope he hasn't picked up an injury. The lad from Mansfield filled in admirably.
 2. The midfield was hotly contested for 90 minutes. Sutton were physical and Abbott in particular will have some tasty bruises tomorrow.
 3. Upfront was a little worrying. Thewlis missed a sitter after 10 minutes that would have put us in the driving seat. Him and Knowles didn't look dangerous very often.

N.B.1: The pitch would be great for table-tennis, not football.
      2: Knowles' penalty was pitiful. More like a backpass to the keeper.
      3: There was a massive set-to near the dug-outs in injury time. At one time there were over 20 people in a tight circle, probably trying to stop punches being thrown.
      4. I thought Walker just shaded MOM.