Author Topic: Kettering  (Read 5845 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Kettering
« on: September 03, 2019, 11:23:43 PM »
Good win. Not a great game. Crap ground. Sort of match we may have lost last season.

TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 12:17:29 AM »
Ill take scrappy wins! Like you said, we'd have probably dropped points last year. We've started getting positive returns in ugly games. It's a good habit to be in.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 12:18:17 AM »
3 clean sheets in row!
United we stand..................

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 07:26:47 AM »
A good result, l listened to it through poppies radio, the most one sided presenters l have ever heard.
What was great to hear, was you great Boston United fans signing,although l was many miles away in Turkey it made me feel like l was there.
Well done to you all and especially to Craig and the lads, for proving me wrong.
One point off the play offs now, keep it going lads.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 07:58:13 AM »
I thought we played really well, especially second half. We dropped off a bit towards the end, but a fully deserved 3 points.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 08:30:00 AM »
Good win to back up that solid draw on Saturday.

Another 3 points at home to BPA and the start will look quite positive considering the teams who we have played mainly seem to be above us in the league and should see us in the play-off positions if results go our way Saturday.  We can then get on the training pitch during mid-week as the bulk of the mid-week games are now completed (for a while anyway)

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 09:38:34 AM »
Never an easy place to go, so great result & another clean sheet.

Regarding the Spennymoor postponed game: Herefords game last night & this coming Saturday were postponed due to 3 Hereford players being called up for international duty. The CN announced rearranged dates within 48 hrs of the postponements. Still no rearranged date for us though at the Brewery Field??

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 10:24:49 AM »
Great 3 points. If the League had rightly awarded us the 3 points from the Spennymoor game, we would have been in the Play-Off Zone looking very well poised! Still, onwards and upwards!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 01:47:43 PM »
Despite Spennymoor's history of postponements, I think that it would not have been fair for them to award us a victory for this but what should have happened (with precedent in the Premier League at least with Liverpool's stand and West Ham's access to the Olympic Stadium due to the athletics) would have been for us to have played the fixture at home and then when we were due to play the home fixture, this be played at Spennymoor. 

This could also have happened with the other teams so that it is fair to them as well as fair to Spennymoor who will now have to play some significant catch up

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 06:58:17 PM »
Despite Spennymoor's history of postponements, I think that it would not have been fair for them to award us a victory for this but what should have happened (with precedent in the Premier League at least with Liverpool's stand and West Ham's access to the Olympic Stadium due to the athletics) would have been for us to have played the fixture at home and then when we were due to play the home fixture, this be played at Spennymoor. 

This could also have happened with the other teams so that it is fair to them as well as fair to Spennymoor who will now have to play some significant catch up

I agree that once they declared their pitch unfit that the game should have been played at York st.. Spennymoor should never gain any advantage over us by postponing a Saturday fixture early in August! But they will, unless in the unlikely event both teams are not involved in the fa trophy or cup or league schedule , it will be a midweek fixture. Then surely it has to be arranged on a night when we haven't just been to blyth, gateshead or Darlington on the previous saturday?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 08:22:02 PM »
Kettering have sacked their manager Nicky Eaden, this week.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2019, 07:38:36 AM »
Not a surprise they have had a terrible start to the season.
I am surprised how bad it has been considering they came up as champions.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 11:42:45 AM »
it doesn't seem to matter which level you're at, it's often a struggle at the next level up. Even Salford and the Chimps have found it's a much more difficult game this season. Kings Lynn seem to be bucking the trend, but as is often said, it's a 42 game marathon, not a 2 month Sprint.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »

The manager that brought them up left in the summer, and is now at BPA.