Author Topic: Stamford FA Cup Away  (Read 5113 times)

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Stamford FA Cup Away
« on: September 20, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »
Before a ball is kicked, I want to be clear to everyone. Over the last 15 years our performances in the FA cup have been putrid. Peterborough Sports last season was the latest in a long line of betrayal. I never cease to hear of a "tight dressing room" and "we want to win every game". When it comes to the FA Cup, that has been a lie. I want us to win tomorrow, are this season's squad that bothered?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stamford FA Cup Away
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 09:34:11 AM »
They ought to be it may be more lucrative for them later on in the competition, but we'll see.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 05:02:27 PM »
Won 0-4 well done lads.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 05:19:43 PM »
Decent performance. We look tidy up front but we should playing a team from lower level. Great turnout doubled the gate at least. Good set up at Stamford nice bar food and service.  Now for a home draw

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 05:21:17 PM »
It’ll be quite on here tonight🤪
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 06:49:28 PM »
Bossed them, out fought them, out played them, out sung them.
What more can you ask of everyone, prize money in the bank and through to the next round.
You can only beat what is put in front of you, some really nice football at times, and cracking goals.
Dominic Knowles was the pick of the bunch for me, great movement,and curling finish of his weaker left foot.
The main thing is that this team can bounce back from defeat, and fight hard for each other.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »

Well done Craig and the lads, excellent result and trousered a useful £6750 too, its £11250 for next round winners so hoping for a winnable home tie. UTP

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 09:07:17 PM »
Bodge. First to post when we lose.....

Seriously, did OK. Still not convinced we can open up defences at our own level though. Good opportunity to prove me wrong next week. Is the next round regionalised?

TEP

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2019, 09:43:02 PM »
Ye Gods! United win a FA Cup tie! I asked last night if this season's squad were bothered about the FA Cup. I am delighted to report the answer is yes! I'm not daft, I know we won't make the 3rd round and Liverpool away, but if we could reach the 1st round proper and get featured on MOTD, that would be an achievement.

N.B.1 I know I sound like a stuck record but George Greene has still not been given a chance.
N.B.2 The girls down the chippie are rather keen on my away top.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 10:29:12 AM »

Seriously, did OK. Still not convinced we can open up defences at our own level though. Good opportunity to prove me wrong next week. Is the next round regionalised?

TEP
yes to your last question, bostonutdstats on Twitter has listed potential opponents, we are in  the central pot. Kings Lynn or Alfreton (replay pending) would seem to be the nearest possibility, assuming that Peterborough Sports are in the southern pot (they beat Hemel Hempstead)
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 10:33:40 AM »
What can you say other than a job well done in all areas on and off the pitch. To quote CE post match, the front 4 stepped it up yesterday, and admittedly against a poor defence, they did the business. More of the same please!!!!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 11:05:07 AM »

TEP
yes to your last question, bostonutdstats on Twitter has listed potential opponents, we are in  the central pot. Kings Lynn or Alfreton (replay pending) would seem to be the nearest possibility, assuming that Peterborough Sports are in the southern pot (they beat Hemel Hempstead)

I reckon we could end up playing anyone in the North as well. Peterborough Sports ended up losing to Chorley after beating us last year. Town played Hyde at home the season before.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 12:19:36 PM »
Great win and progress in the FA Cup at last!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »
Been away Tipps, no WiFi and very poor 4G.

Just for you, bloody rubbish Boston, only 4 goals against a village team🤪.

Contrary to what you might think I want BUFC to be successful. However last weeks result or should I say the manner of the capitulation needs to be sorted or the last season at YS will be a damp squib.

Putting that aside we could do with s cup run of the sort I can remember many moons ago, we’ve been rubbish the last few seasons. The extra income might help strengthen the squad if needed for the play off push.

Well done to all yesterday.