Author Topic: Gateshead  (Read 4797 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
Gateshead
« on: September 14, 2019, 04:20:26 PM »
Oh dear!!

Oops

• View Profile
Re: Gateshead
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 04:51:18 PM »
Don’t be too hard on them, obviously saving themselves for next week.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 05:27:10 PM »
Oh bugger, move on to next Saturday.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 09:39:33 PM »
Bloody long journey for that. Always take a book on the bus for these long journeys the only regret I have is I didn't take it into the ground, would have been a lot more enjoyable than watching that second half dross. First half was just acceptable but never really looked like scoring but at nil nil we would surely up our game, How wrong could I be we went down hill very quickly with a mid field that neither tackled or created anything. The question has to be asked why does Craig always leave it until we are 1 or 2 goals down before he changes it. Quite a few were not at the races and why did he leave it til the last ten minutes to introduce the Lincoln lad when our only winger was having a very poor game. It has to be said that second half they looked as though they have never played or trained together and again why did George Green not start when he replaced our number 8 he was far superior. Scathing Yes but travelling all that way and spending all that money I am entitled.  UTP.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 09:58:19 PM »
Were they Bloody rubbish again Oxo.

Credit to the fans that travel away, you deserve better. We seem to panic once we concede which is surprising considering the experience we have at the back and in midfield.

Most people say give it 10 games and see where we are before making judgment. I’m still not convinced by Elliott but on the flip side 16 points from 10 games is too good a return to be shouting for a change in management, or is it?

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »
I've been waiting for your report oxo because I knew you would have seen the game. CE gave Abbott and Thanoj new contracts before the season started, after mediocre performances last season. Today he waits until we are 3-0 down before Greene gets a kick. The midfield is THE problem.
 I am absolutely certain we will not be relegated, but I am also fairly certain we will not be promoted. We are 10th in the table tonight and that is a fair position.
 Stamford away in the FA Cup. I saw the defeats at Kidsgrove and Leek when it was painfully obvious none of the players gave a toss about losing. Let's see what happens next.

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 06:38:17 AM »
Some decent first half performances, but sloppy seconds.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 08:36:59 AM »
Good effort losing 3 nil in a game which had 0-0 all, over it
They had a 10 minute spell 3 chances 3 goals

Whenever our chances came along we fluffed our lines
Platt should've scored shortly before half time from a corner
Rollins? Header from a corner at 2 nil
Knowles one on one poor touch to let the keeper save it
Another header late on
Add to thanoj early free kick going inches wide

Apart from their goals I only recall 2 chances for them.

Won't be a lot between us and them
They're solid, like we generally have been. Whether either of us score enough and win enough games will decide the season

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 10:54:33 AM »
Didnt go myself, but have watched Elliot's interview. He seemed to think we played well first half and clearly didn't turn up in the second ha!f. Just to pick up on one thing he said in the interview, that by the time you're 2 goals down in this league, the games already gone. So to quote and agree with  Brummie exile, why does he wait until we'd gone 3 down  before changing it up? I appreciate the 3 goals came quickly but by his own admission, if we were that bad already after half time, surely conceding the first goal should have been enough to ring the changes?
A frustrating result and clearly not a good day at the office, but still only 2 defeats in 10 and knocking on the playoff door. If we're still there or abouts come next March,we'll all think we've a playoff chance still, so I'll take that.
I do hope one thing though, that despite the poor result yesterday that he doesn't start changing things too much, as I think the solid start in the league has come off the back having of a more settled side, particularly the back line.
Let's hope the Cup next weekend can give us a boost with a decent victory, and please, please, p!ease, nobody mention banana skin!!!!!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 04:47:26 PM »
To be fair to Elliott, the goals came in a rush and he was trying to bring on a sub before one of them, can't recall whether it was the second or third as they were so close together. 

Also he seems like a nice lad (he's lovely with the fans) and I can see why people are saying we need a midfielder playing balls through but I'm not convinced by Green - I've only seen him twice but he's appears very one-footed. Aren't the opposition teams just going to make him use his right foot?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 07:52:59 PM »
Most players at our level are very one-footed! It's one of the reason why they aren't professional footballers (anymore).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 04:40:03 PM »
I've just watched a 3:58 clip of the Gateshead defeat on the Vanarama League website. Horrific.