Author Topic: 04/05 kit as voted for by fans  (Read 2826 times)

ElIdolo

• View Profile
04/05 kit as voted for by fans
« on: September 13, 2019, 02:03:26 PM »
This is an obscure ask, but does anyone remember the season they had a vote for the new home kit? I'm sure it was the 04/05 shirt with the faded horizontal stripes, and was wondering if anyone remembers or even more unlikely if there's any archived images of the alternatives they had for this kit.

After a discussion with a colleague we were going over various kits and this one stuck out; firstly as it being a fan-voted kit, and secondly as I was never a fan and wondered what choices it beat.
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" - Michael Scott

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 04/05 kit as voted for by fans
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »
I believe there's a pic on the internet with Paul Ellender, Mark Greaves and A N Other modelling the 3 possibilities, however I can't find the link, but it's definitely out there....somewhere, I've shown it to my son in the recent past.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:35:56 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:11:38 AM »
The fans voted for it????

No one I knew did!!

At the end of the day it was Evans' idea, he wanted to manage a team in hoops, the only shock is he didn't change the colours to green and white.

And even then he's have found plenty of lick spitall apologies who'd have gone with it.

The worst kit bar none ever worn by a Boston Utd side, and I include that awful Nike diagonal slash the other season too.

ElIdolo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 10:33:30 AM »
Thanks! Knew it would exist somewhere.

It was a pretty awful kit, faded hoops didn't work at all, and considering the third option was very generic, we were always going to have one of the two identically bad hooped kits.
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious" - Michael Scott

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »
Was a shocking kit, really ugly and I believe the last time we wore Paulas Benara before we changed to Vandanel - the 06-07 last season in the league is one of my favourite Boston shirts.

I also vaguely recall someone turning up in a yellow kit leading to a horrendous kit clash at some point - anyone remember that?