Author Topic: Crowley's leave Lincoln City.  (Read 7460 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Crowley's leave Lincoln City.
« on: September 10, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
They have joined Huddersfield in the championship.
I think this has to be a massive loss to the Imps.
I wonder who will be there successors?
But no matter who comes in, they will be a massive hard act to follow.
I wish the Crowley's all the best for the future.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Crowley's leave Lincoln City.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 11:18:22 AM »
Just for sh1ts and giggles I hope its Evans......... 8)

They've done an amazing job considering gates were down to around 2000 when they took over, my guess is most of the JCL's will be gone in 18 months once they settle down to being a mid table 3rd division club. The Cowley's work should ensure that baring a catastrophic managerial appointment they have the foundations in place to establish themselves as a mid table club. However that won't be enough for their 'nu fans', who remembers when Big Keef was there and constant play off campaigns weren't good enough for many. Expect the gates to level off at about 5000 now.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
Gates should hold up this season, as they sold over 6000 season tickets (5,850 renewed from last year, plus a few new buyers). If they drift away from the top, I wonder how many will renew...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 12:41:08 PM »
My guess would be Nigel Atkins.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »

They've done an amazing job considering gates were down to around 2000 when they took over, my guess is most of the JCL's will be gone in 18 months once they settle down to being a mid table 3rd division club. The Cowley's work should ensure that baring a catastrophic managerial appointment they have the foundations in place to establish themselves as a mid table club. However that won't be enough for their 'nu fans', who remembers when Big Keef was there and constant play off campaigns weren't good enough for many. Expect the gates to level off at about 5000 now.

Don't overlook the fact that Evans will have a close affinity with Lincoln due to having lots of relatives who have spent a lifetime in the city    has he had at  Boston . Cambridge  Stevenage ………...and any other town who have been seeking a manager over the last 20 years  ???

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 12:56:17 PM »

Like I said to you on Twitter though, Lincoln have got a fair bit of money about them now so I can't see them dropping off TOO far given the funds they have at their disposal. Not saying they're mega rich or anything, but it's a big enough budget to be competitive in League One. But the Cowley brothers certainly had a swagger and mojo about them that they'll be extremely fortunate to replace like-for-like.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 12:57:46 PM »
Kevin Nolan's name is being linked with the job.
But God knows who else will be linked with it, Ainsworth has also been mentioned.
Would like to know how much Lincoln got in compensation money for them both.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 12:58:01 PM »
My guess would be Nigel Atkins.
Thats one of the catastrophic managerial appointments I was on about..........took Sheffield Utd to 11th in that division back in 2016 and was utterly hopeless.

Dowson at Woking might be a good shout, his track record is good although it may be a bit too soon for him.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 04:21:30 PM »
Ian Culverhouse seems to be a popular name at the moment?!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 05:31:25 PM »

It would be a popular move with for 21 of the Con North teams !

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 05:44:26 PM »
His move to Grantham Town last season turned out to be not so popular.
But l think his style of football at Lynn will soon get stuck in those muddy pitches up north.

It would be a popular move with for 21 of the Con North teams !
"I don't believe you""

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 05:51:04 PM »
And, don't forget that Culverhouse's No. 2 is the one and only Bazza!!!!

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2019, 04:59:17 PM »
Despite the income generated from successive promotions and increased revenue via the turnstiles, Lincoln have a stretched budget, with several players signed on high wages.

The Cowleys have done a great job there but the manner in which they've left hasn't gone down well. I believe they had their sights set on the Sheffield Wednesday job and fell back on Huddersfield once Monk had been appointed. All this after they'd stated that they remained committed to project Lincoln and wanted to see it through.

A tenfold increase in salary isn't to be sniffed at though and there'll be scant sympathy from fans of Concord Rangers or Braintree Town. Perhaps we'll now get some respite from the nauseating newbies frequenting Sincil Bank of late.

I doubt it's been priced up anywhere but you could do a lot worse than chucking a few quid on the Cowleys becoming future managers of West Ham, a club they've supported since their childhood.

I've got everything crossed that Steve Evans is on the shortlist for the Lincoln job.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2019, 09:40:12 PM »
Ainsworth favourite or the Newport manager.
Oh dear what will snortin hortin and radio lincoln do !!

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 10:14:17 PM »
Give Hortin the job. He always talks as though he knows everything about being a manager. Perhaps he and Tommo could do it together.