Author Topic: V Altrincham  (Read 10899 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V Altrincham
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »
Don't suppose we will here much from all those who wanted Craig Sacking and were sure that our last season at York Street would be a disaster. Mind you some of them don't go anyway so best if they stay off.  UP THE PILGRIMS.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 06:46:42 PM »
Come on all you lot saying Craig has to go. Made changes to the team and to the set up and it paid off big time. I was there on Saturday and we were dreadful however, everyone appeared to have forgotten we had only lost one game but were on track for a terrible last season at York Street. Well done Craig and staff and the players for carrying out his instructions to the letter. Somebody said on here that Ainge was over weight and pretty much useless which is stupid he is one of the best centre halves in the league. People know that I am not a fan of Abbott but he was outstanding  today closing down and nullifying their mid field and slowly winning me over. Knowles absolutely terrified their back two and was outstanding in fact everyone of them gave it their all so I will not go on save to say with the other lads back we will be a force to be reckoned with.

UTP.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 06:49:09 PM »
Come on you neg heads please come on and be negative please. They travelled a long way in the heat ref was biased to us.   Come on say we played well and deserved the win. I know it will hurt. 

York Street Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2019, 07:00:20 PM »
The win should give the lads great confidence going into the next few games. Don't think Altrincham are the best side we have played but take nothing away from the team, we really outplayed them and took our chances well. Well done Craig good response to the loss on Saturday. UTP

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 07:14:25 PM »
Bloody rubbish, should have had 7 at least, Elliot’s got to go.

Got my head burnt while sitting in the sun, not happy!!!

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 07:21:45 PM »
Crikey! I know I said "vast improvement" was required after Gloucester, but a 5-0 win 48 hours later was not in my thoughts! And Platt scored twice??? He looked like he was playing with a wooden leg on Saturday before CE subbed him at half-time. I liked the fact CE gave Clare 5 minutes at the end. That will let the lad know he is wanted.

N. B. I would still put Greene in the starting XI.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 07:36:37 PM »
After seeing the match on Saturday I was expecting Green to be in the starting xi as he was the pick of a poor bunch in that match but what do I know, that is why Craig is the manager and I am just a supporter, all the players picked today were on top form, well done to all the players and back room staff. See you on Saturday.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2019, 08:37:37 PM »
After Saturday's disaster, to put the season so far into perspective, we've lost only once and not been beaten by the teams currently 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. So not so bad really. Great performance today.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2019, 09:50:44 PM »
Fingers crossed this will be kick start to our season.  Well done lads for a great result in stifling conditions.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2019, 10:36:45 PM »
I know alty were down a few players and pretty shit but where's that attacking performance been????
Suspect Hereford will be tougher despite their pasting at Chester

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 08:05:24 AM »
Oxo, it was me who said Ainge could do with shedding a stone as he cannot afford to carry any excess weight with his lack of turn of foot.  At no point did I claim he was ‘useless’. Read what’s written. I’m sure once he gets to his fighting weight he will do a decent job.  Until then he is at risk of being done for pace and costing us. 

Let’s just see how it pan’s out.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 12:16:20 PM »
Great stuff. This league never ceases to baffle me!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »
Ainge has been this weight all through his career, mainly spent in Conference North (or higher). He's fine...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2019, 01:39:46 PM »
Well.... all this positivity....I'm struggling with a bit
Surely ....
Ally were crap ?
The ref was a homer?
All the goals were lucky ?
Abbot is still rubbish despite a half decent game??
Let's get back to normality please
:)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2019, 01:49:53 PM »
Oxo, it was me who said Ainge could do with shedding a stone as he cannot afford to carry any excess weight with his lack of turn of foot.  At no point did I claim he was ‘useless’. Read what’s written. I’m sure once he gets to his fighting weight he will do a decent job.  Until then he is at risk of being done for pace and costing us. 

Let’s just see how it pan’s out.

I have done as you suggest and read again what you said. To sum up you said Ainge was a "poor signing" and was a "stone overweight" You say you have "seen milk turn quicker than him" and will "always be in trouble in a one on one" May I suggest that this very much sounds that you think he is pretty useless.