Author Topic: V Gloucester  (Read 12334 times)

natmic 66

• View Profile
Re: V Gloucester
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2019, 11:44:45 PM »
I just hope the revolving door is not going to happen as it surely cant do the team any good...………..

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2019, 07:38:58 AM »
Unless it’s Elliott heading through it.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2019, 09:55:10 AM »
Bodge, after the 'failures' of Jason Lee, Graham Drury, Dennis Greene, Adam Murray and now Craig Elliott, who would you suggest Mr Newton brings in next time ?

TEP

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »
Law of averages says we must get it right at some point.  Far to early to follow BPA and Hereford in sacking Managers.   If you are looking for a name how about tempting this guy Culverhouse away from K Lynn.  Has a decent track record there and a good CV. Including Premiership.  He can bring the legend with him

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2019, 10:32:10 AM »
Tipps, I would go with Kermit the frog. He seems to get the best out of his team.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2019, 10:49:59 AM »
Law of averages says we must get it right at some point.  Far to early to follow BPA and Hereford in sacking Managers.   If you are looking for a name how about tempting this guy Culverhouse away from K Lynn.  Has a decent track record there and a good CV. Including Premiership.  He can bring the legend with him

I agree with it being early days & to give CE more time. Buts it's a results business so as many say the next month or so needs to see a big improvement.. It's such a tough call with managers at this level. I though AM would do well 4 us after managing in FL....didn't  happen. Just look at top & bottom of CN. Watson at York ex Prem league player & FL manager top with York. Lee Clarke ex Prem league player & Championship gaffer joint bottom with Blyth.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2019, 11:34:20 AM »
Bodge, after the 'failures' of Jason Lee, Graham Drury, Dennis Greene, Adam Murray and now Craig Elliott, who would you suggest Mr Newton brings in next time ?

TEP

So getting into getting into the play offs and narrowly missing out 2 seasons running under Dennis Greene was a failure?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
Some would say so Artemis. He won nothing and had many who didn't like him. Personally I thought he did well and I got on OK with him though.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »
Some would say so Artemis. He won nothing and had many who didn't like him. Personally I thought he did well and I got on OK with him though.

Three top 6 finishes ins 3 consecutive season certainly the best managerial record under Chestnuts .     How far back do we have go to beat it .?

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2019, 10:33:52 PM »

Three top 6 finishes ins 3 consecutive season certainly the best managerial record under Chestnuts .     How far back do we have go to beat it .?

Unfortunately we probably have to go to the era/error of the fat, Scottish cheat to find the most recent one.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2019, 11:09:52 PM »

Unfortunately we probably have to go to the era/error of the fat, Scottish cheat to find the most recent one.

The only manager to get us relegated on the pitch in the last 25 years?  He doesn't get my vote.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2019, 03:13:14 PM »
Shorty and Shouty our most successful managers in recent years, only ones to win promotion and if they’d stayed who knows were they could have taken us.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2019, 05:54:47 PM »

Don't think Evans got 3 top 6 finishes in consecutive years .