Author Topic: Guiseley (H)  (Read 9000 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley (H)
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 09:01:22 AM »
2pts dropped

They were well setup
We failed to pass the ball around and stretch them. Just keep lumping it
We didn't do enough
I think we have goalscorers but it's the lack of chances being created which is the immediate problem
Defence had a quiet game but a pity to give away a soft goal
Poor crowd today. Barely 1000 home fans
6pts needed over Bank Holiday but an injury and suspension list that is growing is a concern

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2019, 10:13:31 AM »
2pts dropped

They were well setup
We didn't do enough
I think we have goalscorers but it's the lack of chances being created which is the immediate problem
6pts needed over Bank Holiday but an injury and suspension list that is growing is a concern
with Jay and Thewlis due to serve 3 games each, the wide options are currently Nicky Walker and Jon Wafula. Here's a chance for them to show they're more than just making up the numbers on the bench. In reality though, I think CE may have an early look into the loan market.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: where are they now
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2019, 10:26:42 AM »
Colby Bishop a youngster we got for nothing from Worcester under AM, has scored for Accrington in their last 2 Division One games. He left us & went on to score 33 goals in 50 odd games for Leamington. Just turned 22, Accrington paid Leamington an undisclosed fee for him pre season.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2019, 02:33:18 PM »
2pts dropped

They were well setup
We didn't do enough
with Jay and Thewlis due to serve 3 games each, the wide options are currently Nicky Walker and Jon Wafula. Here's a chance for them to show they're more than just making up the numbers on the bench. In reality though, I think CE may have an early look into the loan market.

Wafula is injured

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 03:33:24 PM »
2pts dropped

They were well setup
We didn't do enough

Wafula is injured
thanks, I saw him limp off at Grantham but realise he was still out. In that case we might have to play very narrow!!!

John Bunyan, 1684

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2019, 03:54:46 PM »
Concerning that Marriott is banging them in for Kings Lynn.... What's the betting he scores against us.....

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2019, 07:05:04 PM »
Wafula??? I'll get my boots....

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2019, 07:35:28 PM »
The thing that stood out for me was how hopeless we were at taking corners and free kicks. Most seemed to be hit too high and/or far and never reached a Boston player.

Also we seemed to create more chances after Ashley Jackson came on. There's not a lot to choose between him and Alex Whittle who he replaced after he picked up a knock, but he seemed to just have the edge on Saturday.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2019, 07:50:47 PM »
Playing against 10 men doesn't mean it's going to be a guaranteed win. Sometimes the 10 really dig in and with everyone behind the ball, it can be a frustrating affair. Anyone that has played the game at a decent level knows this. Having said that, we're not firing on all cylinders at the moment. I think we have decent strikers, midfielders and defenders but we're lacking a little cohesion and creativity. Hopefully the enforced changes which will come about next week will help resolve this.

I'm not too fussed though. The league can't be won in August but you can pretty much cock it up if you have three or four defeats. This month is all about finding your feet, keeping it tight at the back and if you kick-start an unbeaten run then even better.

Disagree about the decent strikers TEP if you are referring to Knowles and Tuton .   Strikers should score goals !
TEP

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »
The thing that stood out for me was how hopeless we were at taking corners and free kicks. Most seemed to be hit too high and/or far and never reached a Boston player.
I said to my mate during the first half how almost every set piece from the Spayne road side was overhit or caught in the wind and went straight out of play at or beyond the far post. What did Guiseley do early in the second half? They had a man just beyond the back post for a corner who had an easy header to give them the lead.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2019, 11:20:14 AM »
Concerning that Marriott is banging them in for Kings Lynn.... What's the betting he scores against us.....
He was for us at this stage of last season, and then the big defenders and midfielders got to him  knocked him off the ball, it will be the same again this season.
He is not a northern league player.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2019, 02:48:52 PM »
We have decent strikers - and Adam Marriott is a decent striker. At any level, but even more so at this level however, you need to ensure there's creativity in the midfield / wide areas / target man and therefore service to the strikers. You can't exactly say our strikers are poor and missing lots of chances. Who's supplying them ? Rollins ? he's not exactly firing on all cylinders yet this season yet. We need players who can either get to the by-line and put decent crosses in and /or someone who can unlock defences with killer passes through midfield. I was impressed with Thanoj when he came on at the weekend although not sure he is the answer here. We need an Ashley Hemmings type in there. Maybe Nicky Walker might provide the key - or Green ?

On the subject of Marriott, he's got the perfect strike partner at Lynn (target man) in Gash. The lesson here is that it's not just about the quality of the striker, balance is also vital. Those two compliment each other well - something you can't say about ours so far.

TEP

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2019, 04:42:08 PM »
I said to my mate during the first half how almost every set piece from the Spayne road side was overhit or caught in the wind and went straight out of play at or beyond the far post. What did Guiseley do early in the second half? They had a man just beyond the back post for a corner who had an easy header to give them the lead.

I've said for a long time our corners are not productive enough.  First priority is obviously to get a head on the first ball, but we should always have a man beyond the goal to pick up or head back the overhits..  Also 1 or 2 players outside the D where defensive headers usually get directed.   
United we stand..................

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2019, 06:52:51 PM »
We have decent strikers - and Adam Marriott is a decent striker. At any level, but even more so at this level however, you need to ensure there's creativity in the midfield / wide areas / target man and therefore service to the strikers. You can't exactly say our strikers are poor and missing lots of chances. Who's supplying them ? Rollins ? he's not exactly firing on all cylinders yet this season yet. We need players who can either get to the by-line and put decent crosses in and /or someone who can unlock defences with killer passes through midfield. I was impressed with Thanoj when he came on at the weekend although not sure he is the answer here. We need an Ashley Hemmings type in there. Maybe Nicky Walker might provide the key - or Green ?

On the subject of Marriott, he's got the perfect strike partner at Lynn (target man) in Gash. The lesson here is that it's not just about the quality of the striker, balance is also vital. Those two compliment each other well - something you can't say about ours so far.

TEP
Its early days.
Let's not start looking at bringing in players and tinkering about to much, unless it is for emergencies only.
We are still unbeaten in all games since the end of last season.
Other clubs that are full time in this league should find this month easier than us.
We have had some tough teams to play so far with a relatively new squad.
Surely we should be pleased so far in the end results.
Yes other clubs have had a better start and have more points, its early days.
We also have to remember that Gash and Marriott have been together nearly a season now, so should have a decent understanding between them.
But l wager that if someone comes in with a decent offer for them Kings Lynn will sell,sell,sell.
We will be ok don't worry.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 09:16:45 PM »
Finally got round to putting a selection of match photos on my website:

http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/guiseley170819.html