Author Topic: League table  (Read 3695 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
League table
« on: August 18, 2019, 09:26:12 AM »
Now starting to take shape.

The favourites York now sit pretty on the top.  Nice to see Kings Lynn in third, and Spennymoor have only one point.

Plenty of time yet.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: League table
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 10:08:33 AM »
Only 4 unbeaten teams. York, Chester, Gateshead and ourselves. It maybe seems a bit of a stuttering start, but had we played and won at Spennymoor, we would have been 5th or 6th. As Dipdodah says "plenty of time yet".
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »
No panic here, but Kings Lynn have had a decent start, but they have mainly beaten teams that they are used to playing against, Kettering Hereford, Telford don't look like a team that's going to challenge much this season.
Very early days yet for everyone, look how Stockport started last season.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 02:32:23 PM »
I think to be fair we have had a hard start. we have had a few of the harder games early

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 02:44:12 PM »
We've played chester mad Guiseley both in the playoffs and Alfreton who, are half way up
Leamington are lower half

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 03:26:41 PM »
We've played chester mad Guiseley both in the playoffs and Alfreton who, are half way up
Leamington are lower half

From next Saturday we've got 4 games in 11 days. Gloucester (a), Alty (h), Hereford & Kettering both away. The 3 away may suit us more as per last season. We will have a much better idea after these next 4 games as to where this seasons heading.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »
So next Saturday we will definitely have 4 players all attackers out for one  reason or another, and two more maybe because of groin problems (Whittle and Byrne).
A possible 6 then which 14 players.
So if my maths are correct, that's 11 +3 on the bench with one being a keeper.
Could be some loans coming in then.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »
I hope we get awarded some penalties. The way things have looked it may be the only way we will score any goals. Hopefully things will change. We struggled last season to score goals in open play and this season has started out the same way.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 11:15:37 AM »
I hope we get awarded some penalties. The way things have looked it may be the only way we will score any goals. Hopefully things will change. We struggled last season to score goals in open play and this season has started out the same way.
To get penalties, means that you are in the opposition's creating chances, if we wasn't do that l would be very concerned, we are creating opportunities and that's the main thing.
Early days , and l am not worried at all.
"I don't believe you""

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 12:40:41 PM »

We struggled to draw matches last season - 3 out of 4 already this season!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/