Author Topic: Guiseley (H)  (Read 8708 times)

Bodge

• View Profile
Guiseley (H)
« on: August 17, 2019, 04:25:36 PM »
First game, same crap as last year, an hour against 10 men and we’ve created virtually nothing.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 04:50:24 PM by Bodge »

steve m

• View Profile
Re: Chorley (H)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 04:45:03 PM »
Thought we were playing Guiseley.....

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
Re: Guiseley (H)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 05:17:39 PM »
The Twitter feed is remarkable. It is almost devoid of any chances whatsoever. Against 10 men for 70 minutes. Get George Greene in NOW.

P. S I am 90% sure the away game with Gloucester will be played at Evesham United's ground. Myself and 'er indoors will be there. Suitably refreshed.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
Bodge you talk crap after watching one game have you seen their results.  Yes we had numerical advantage but they were strong and organised and then sat behind the ball. Yes we need to get smarter in top third.  Set pieces was going to be their chance and took it well. Sometimes playing ten is hard work and frustrating .  But crap no unbeaten and can do a lot better but fans like you putting that when we haven’t lost a game have a word with yourself or stay in and watch sky. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 06:46:17 PM »
Four games 4 goals .   1goal an own goal ,  1goal a gift from Alfreton goalie ,  2 pens well earned and taken by wide man Thewis .       Only shot on target 1st half was from full back Whittle .   
Not seen our strikers get a shot  on target yet this season .          Tuton based on his career goal return and his showing over the last season is not good enough to sit on the bench of a side with asperations of the play-offs .    Knowles at the moment and on his career scoring record looks as though he will fall short of Allotts goal return of last season .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
There is two ways of looking at the start to the season. (1) We are still unbeaten, or (2) Disappointing start what with so many draws.
Classic 'glass half full/half empty' moment.  Guiseley are our 'bogey team', so I'm not surprised we struggled to beat them to be fair. 
But there is no hiding the fact that we are struggling for goals thus far as pointed out by GHM.
Start to the season a generous 7/10
Now onto the next one and a much needed three points!
Hard to believe that the Linnet's are flying high way above us  :o

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »
Fishtoft Crew, I’m not talking crap we are playing crap. That display today was no better than last seasons dross except for a 10 minute spell when we scored. Nowhere near good enough, I don’t buy this hard to play against 10 men drivel, we had 70 minutes to wear them down yet at the start of the 2nd half they controlled the game.
I liked the look of Thewlis and the 2 central defenders seem decent but we conceded from a corner, how many times did we concede the same type of goal last year.

Bloody Rubbish Boston.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 07:14:25 PM »
It was a struggle against a strong Guiseley side.
Improved when Thanoj came on IMO  8)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 07:15:48 PM »
The pa system also struggled... anyone hear the attendance?

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 08:10:41 PM »
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2019, 08:12:33 PM »
Thanks beef  8)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 10:29:50 PM »
Playing against 10 men doesn't mean it's going to be a guaranteed win. Sometimes the 10 really dig in and with everyone behind the ball, it can be a frustrating affair. Anyone that has played the game at a decent level knows this. Having said that, we're not firing on all cylinders at the moment. I think we have decent strikers, midfielders and defenders but we're lacking a little cohesion and creativity. Hopefully the enforced changes which will come about next week will help resolve this.

I'm not too fussed though. The league can't be won in August but you can pretty much cock it up if you have three or four defeats. This month is all about finding your feet, keeping it tight at the back and if you kick-start an unbeaten run then even better.

TEP

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 11:01:00 PM »
Guisley have started the season strongly there best two players were Garns and Felix a well drilled team so respect to them but to call us crap.  Really we are a team in transition last year we lost one nil. Take the positives. Fans like you really disappoint that was two evenly matched teams it’s only mid August and the team you support is crap I’ll pay you not to come.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 11:05:45 PM »
The opposition was strong and well drilled. Their game management after going down to 10 was better than ours with 11 until they ran out of steam in the last 15 minutes. The lack of chances we had was down to tactical superiority by their bench. They played narrow, they were stronger and they found so many different ways to wind down the clock.
The frustrating thing for me was against Leamington we passed the ball crisply and to feet. Today we seemed to revert to a longer delivery to the front men. Did Scotty Garner ever miss a header? I can't remember one if he did. We played right into their strengths rather than looking to capitalize on our own.
Having said all that, at least we got a point. Last season we lost home games like today's game. 
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 08:34:10 AM »
Hoof ball into the wind first half was never going to work with their tall defenders!  Also isn't the old adage that when you face a team with ten men you keep
you wingers out wide and play across and behind their defence, near the end of the game their defence was looking knackered, but how many crosses did we put into the box- two at most.