Author Topic: Leamington (H)  (Read 12710 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Leamington (H)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 11:53:52 AM »
Great result and good all round performance against a solid Leamington side. Shame about the red cards but there's never an excuse for the handbags that we saw. You'd have thought Middleton was on the pitch :) Regardless of how 'poor' the ref may be, you have to let him/her make the decisions - you can't go dishing out punishment yourself as a player. On the subject of refs, I get a bit tired of the criticism to be honest. We're six levels down the pyramid and we're going to get the standard of official that this is entitled to. Plenty of crap refs, crap players, crap grounds and crap spouted by certain supporters at this level. Get used to it or trot off to the world of VAR where everything is perfect and not a single decision is ever questioned.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 11:56:01 AM »
Their No 2 started the fracas with a tackle on Jay. He had not been punished or even spoken to on at least three previous occasions for his tackles and so came to believe he could get away with anything.

Their number 2 was also sent off on Saturday, for 2 bookings.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 12:14:40 PM »
Great result and good all round performance against a solid Leamington side. Shame about the red cards but there's never an excuse for the handbags that we saw. You'd have thought Middleton was on the pitch :) Regardless of how 'poor' the ref may be, you have to let him/her make the decisions - you can't go dishing out punishment yourself as a player. On the subject of refs, I get a bit tired of the criticism to be honest. We're six levels down the pyramid and we're going to get the standard of official that this is entitled to. Plenty of crap refs, crap players, crap grounds and crap spouted by certain supporters at this level. Get used to it or trot off to the world of VAR where everything is perfect and not a single decision is ever questioned.

TEP

Try telling that to some in the stand and on here!

They are honest guys, they get things wrong. Its not life altering decisions, its a level 6 football game.

Time the players took some responsibility for their action in stead of hiding behind apologist club employees and supporters, could anyone on here have been expect to control that lot last night?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 12:15:48 PM »
The tackle happened in front of me.  He went through Jay, then held him down when he tried to get up.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »
The tackle happened in front of me.  He went through Jay, then held him down when he tried to get up.

Yes, so let the ref deal with it. Nothing to be gained from head butting or taking matters into your own hands - Sunday league stuff that.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »

Yep, he did.

But Jay didn't need to get up and headbutt him. Stupidity.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 12:45:59 PM »
Their No 2 started the fracas with a tackle on Jay. He had not been punished or even spoken to on at least three previous occasions for his tackles and so came to believe he could get away with anything. In rugby the ref is the boss and discipline  is the key. The ref knows what a foul is. It’s about time some of rugby’s methods were adopted. Same thing applies to members of the crowd who shout foul and abusive language language at management and staff in front of youngsters in the crowd. Respect and self discipline is sadly missing by some supporters. Did you know that you never have had to even kick a football in your entire life to qualify as a ref.
I have just had a word with myself and found it was like looking for hair growing on the palms of your hands, a waste of time.
We can go on and on about poor officials, but l remember from my playing days, a chap called Colin Barker saying to me, "Don't give a poor ref the chance to make an even poorer decision "
Rollins and Thewlis did exactly that end of story.
Me personally I would like to see a change in who is allowed to approach the ref, this must be IMO the captain's only, it works in Rugby and is a way of making captain's take responsibility for the behaviour of their players.
This also will give the ref an air of authority, but refs need to stop getting into arguments with players.
The above suggestion will stop this from happening as players know that they cannot approach the ref without being instructed too, or a punishment will be handed out.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
I am not condoning what Jay did.  I am just saying what I saw.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 02:47:24 PM »

TEP

You have summed it up perfect! VAR was only brought in due to FIFA, EUFA & Premier league Referees getting so many big decisions Wrong. How many times were serious incidents missed by all officials in a Prem league game only for retrospective Red Cards & suspensions dished out due to TV footage!! We have to accept at our level Refs will make mistakes. As previously stated by plenty on here; the Linos could get involved a lot more to help Refs.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »
As previously stated by plenty on here; the Linos could get involved a lot more to help Refs.

It almost seems as though they are told not to make such calls at times - most of them even look to the ref before they give a throw-in?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 04:29:56 PM »

Yep, he did.

But he didn't get up and headbutt him, He got up and ran away but was confronted by another of their players and they took up the usual pose of head to head. Not excusing anything they were all like a bunch of school girls.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 04:37:04 PM »
Just a point regarding last nights squad. Many of us were wondering if we would see any more of George Green having been left out of the squad. At the end of the game I spoke to him and asked if he was upset, I am very happy to report he said "not at all, I have been unwell for a few days so couldn't be included, great win we are on our way" Great attitude.  UTP.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 10:08:25 PM »
Just a point regarding last nights squad. Many of us were wondering if we would see any more of George Green having been left out of the squad. At the end of the game I spoke to him and asked if he was upset, I am very happy to report he said "not at all, I have been unwell for a few days so couldn't be included, great win we are on our way" Great attitude.  UTP.

Fair enough
I think he could be the Richard Brodie type. Mouthy and won't last long if he's not playing
Hopefully he proves me wrong

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 07:11:11 AM »

Yep, he did.

But he didn't get up and headbutt him, He got up and ran away but was confronted by another of their players and they took up the usual pose of head to head. Not excusing anything they were all like a bunch of school girls.
Jay did throw his head into the other players face after they had the coming together with their silly head pushing game.
It happend in front of me and we all said that's him off then.
Jay went back for more after they had been parted, so he had to go, sorry but that's the truth.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 09:21:17 AM »

Yep, he did.

Jay did throw his head into the other players face after they had the coming together with their silly head pushing game.
It happend in front of me and we all said that's him off then.
Jay went back for more after they had been parted, so he had to go, sorry but that's the truth.

Fair enough, they were all bloody pathetic and deserve what they get.