Author Topic: Spennymoor game called off AGAIN  (Read 4309 times)

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Spennymoor game called off AGAIN
« on: August 06, 2019, 07:28:50 PM »
I see Spennymoor game called off AGAIN

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spennymoor game called off AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:32:49 PM »
Simple. Give us 3 points or switch the game to Boston. This is getting ridiculous!!

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »

Why are they calling off a game in August?  Seriously it's already been said on here: They need to be relegated a few league's down until they get the message. It's a disgrace at this level. We were all sorted to go!

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »

Why are they calling off a game in August?  Seriously it's already been said on here: They need to be relegated a few league's down until they get the message. It's a disgrace at this level. We were all sorted to go!

So they will drag us all the way up there on a Tuesday night again. When they rightly know most of our players will have been grafting & fans likewise. Absolute Disgrace. Why are they getting away with this??

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 07:46:04 PM »
To do with pitch soil approval. As I said penalise them by giving us the points and fine them for not being able to play the match. And keep the match in April at Boston. They are a shambles and the league need to deal with them. We all know what will happen though!!!

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 08:09:28 PM »
According to one of their fans on that Facebook thing,
We refused to play on neutral ground Harrogate or Gateshead?

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 09:39:52 PM »
Tin pot, how difficult is it to lay some new drains and seed a pitch. More than 3 months from the end of season to get it done. Weak league management won’t do anything.

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 02:01:37 AM »
The comment about us refusing to play elsewhere is absolute bull >:(. Know for a fact we suggested Harrogate at the onset of the issue of them not wanting the game played at their place as scheduled.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 12:06:58 PM »

I can see why we wouldn't go to Gateshead, as it's further away. Surely we'd play at Harrogate - most of our squad know their way there!!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »

I can see why we wouldn't go to Gateshead, as it's further away. Surely we'd play at Harrogate - most of our squad know their way there!!

Perhaps that is what Spennymore is afraid of with some of our players already knowing what the Harrogate pitch is like.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 01:35:38 PM »
Surely playing at a neutral venue would benefit us - removing their home advantage. Best option if Spennymoor agree to it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:22:58 PM by Lee Newell »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 02:20:42 PM »
Surely playing at a neutral venue would benefit us - removing their home advantage. Bet option if Spennymoor agree to it.

No chance game off, and a Tuesday trip yet again. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 07:45:15 PM »
A small fine is just a feeble wag of the finger from the FA to these repeat offenders! As soon as Spenny informed the FA that once again that pitch is unfit for play, the the FA should have immediately rescheduled the fixture at another venue. Their total priority should have been to make sure that fixture was fulfilled this Saturday as per the CN fixture schedule. Any additional expenses incurred by BUFC re travelling to be paid by Spennymoor. Also a substantial fine for not fulfilling their contractual obligations to the FA & CN by not having a ground fit for purpose. They should also be made to pay a set fee to the club used as the neutral venue. Finally 3 points deducted for the unnaceptable on going postponements of their home fixtures.