Author Topic: Alfreton (A)  (Read 5619 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Alfreton (A)
« on: August 06, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »
Hopping over on the train tonight for this. Hoping to see a better game than Saturday's pretty tedious affair, but I can see it being a bit of scrappy one! It'll be interesting to see what involvement Knowles has tonight...

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alfreton (A)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 09:38:07 PM »
1-1 Draw
The unbeaten run continues, sounded like we battered them but couldn't get the winner.
Well done lads just a shame we can't play on Saturday to continue the momentum.
Crook and Whittle  outstanding again tonight.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 09:50:24 PM »
Another season of mid table mediocrity to look forward to, can’t see us challenging for the playoffs.

Bloody rubbish!!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 09:51:55 PM »
Good point against one of the favorites.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 11:47:50 PM »
Played much better 2nd half but we're fortunate Crook made 2 blinding saves at 1-0 and to be fair our goal was a total gift
After that only one team looked like scoring but could hav done with a win tonight given Saturday is a no go for us now and even when that, game is played we're odds against to get points

Need to beat Leamington, Guiseley and Gloucester

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 12:50:45 AM »
A game of two halves. Either team could have won it so one all about right. Important that we don't lose games in August. Slowly finding our feet. Knowles still to come in too.

After just two rounds of fixtures, only Guiseley have collected maximum points. A good indication of how close this league could be this season.

TEP

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »
"Battered them" is over-egging it a bit. Never going to complain about a point away, especially against any team managed by Billy Heath, but overall it was more of the same after Saturday so it's hard not to be a tad disappointed as the attacking flair of pre-season looks to have been blunted a tad. Mystified Tom Clare didn't make the bench again - thought he'd have been an ideal Plan B for that match, whereas Tuton was more of a like-for-like swap. Hey ho. Roll on Saturda- oh.

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 10:12:21 AM »
I wouldn't like to be too negative and picky as we are only 2 games in but really frustrated me last night, we'll undoubtedly look back at a game(s) like this towards the end of the season when margins are so fine and two points would've meant a lot. Should be winning against a poor Alfreton for sure if we want to be anywhere near the play-offs.

Cannot get my head around why Tom Clare isn't even on the bench, let alone playing (unless he's not had the right attitude/not training well/carrying a slight knock). We were hoofing the ball for most of the game to a small, weak Jake Wright, absolutely pointless. (I know our goal did come from a hoof from Crook but still!) drives me mad.

Attacking play has been pretty poor in all honesty in these last two games, both of our goals have actually been lucky and due to mistakes from the opposition.

I would however say our defence looks very strong & am very pleased with Crook, a lot more relaxed than Willis! Whole back 4 looks quality, composed on the ball and great in the air & Whittle seems to be different class, been my MOTM both games.

But Hey-Ho, lets hope that this weekend off will do us good and give us two training sessions that allow us to work on attacking play and hoping to see Dom Knowles on Tuesday night, he might be abit better than Wright and Tuton!

Again, sorry for the negativity but i am just hoping so much that it's not going to be just one of those seasons again where we drop off and finish mid-table.
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 12:27:33 PM »
I remember this time last year, we didnt score many, so Craig under pressure let the forwards go, such as Adam Marriot he ended up scoring 27 ish for Kings Lynn, so lets not panic. Partnerships take time, seven games in August will take its toll and can see all forwards get game time.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »
Bring back Jonnie Froggat  and Bobby Svarc ;) ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 06:30:31 PM »
A lot of head scratching on here regarding the forwards not doing the business but nobody seems to be commenting on why?  I will, It is clearly the lack of ball playing talent in mid field, It has been said before on here that playing both Thanoj and Abbot in the same team just does not and never will work. Why is George Green not given an opportunity he's enthusiastic gets stuck in and can pass a ball which is alien to the present number 8 unless it's a back pass but is an automatic choice. I really do think that if we can sort that area out and get the ball quickly to our forwards this team could really challenge.  UTP   

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 07:36:48 PM »
Sounds about right, oxo. I would add the condition that George keeps his mouth under control.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2019, 07:39:04 PM »
A lot of head scratching on here regarding the forwards not doing the business but nobody seems to be commenting on why?  I will, It is clearly the lack of ball playing talent in mid field, It has been said before on here that playing both Thanoj and Abbot in the same team just does not and never will work. Why is George Green not given an opportunity he's enthusiastic gets stuck in and can pass a ball which is alien to the present number 8 unless it's a back pass but is an automatic choice. I really do think that if we can sort that area out and get the ball quickly to our forwards this team could really challenge.  UTP
just to take the last point you make, Oxo, the Radio Lincolnshire commentary made several observations, particularly during the first half, that when we moved the ball forward quickly we looked noticeably more dangerous. And to be fair, Ryan Qualter should have been easy pickings if we played more of the game that way. It wasn't to be, but you could well be right, and had Green been a starter, his more direct style and his good eye for incisive passes, it could have been 3 points, not 1. Still, it's a steady start, and we're 2 points and 10 goals better off than BPA.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 08:21:48 PM »
Thanoj /Green or Abbott /Green with of course Platt, but not Thanbott together.
We are though only two games in to the season, nothing wrong with any of team, did Stockport have a blinding start last season ???
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".