Author Topic: Taken for a mug  (Read 11970 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Taken for a mug
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
I don't know the full facts here but given what we DO know, Spennymoor aren't alone in the blame for this. The National League - if they had even a shred of credibility left to preserve - should have been monitoring this closely and have been prepared to step in with help and/or alternative arrangements as needed. It's pathetic that this didn't happen. Sure, Spennymoor have been crap but ultimately it was the League's responsibility to intervene and find a solution and they've absolutely failed to do so. Useless. Utterly useless.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 01:37:36 PM »
I don't know the full facts here but given what we DO know, Spennymoor aren't alone in the blame for this. The National League - if they had even a shred of credibility left to preserve - should have been monitoring this closely and have been prepared to step in with help and/or alternative arrangements as needed. It's pathetic that this didn't happen. Sure, Spennymoor have been crap but ultimately it was the League's responsibility to intervene and find a solution and they've absolutely failed to do so. Useless. Utterly useless.

A fair assessment .     

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 11:05:18 PM »
Spennymoor forecasted to have rain and thundery showers tomorrow.  If the game had not been postponed we would probably have had the game called off after our team and fan's coaches arrived at the ground!   >:(
United we stand..................

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2019, 09:17:14 AM »
Spennymoor forecasted to have rain and thundery showers tomorrow.  If the game had not been postponed we would probably have had the game called off after our team and fan's coaches arrived at the ground!   >:(

The more you look into this fiasco the murkier it gets. Agree the weather has been awful last few days....but no other CN fixtures postponed (yet). So ironically the very reason their pitch was being relaid for; has lead to tier first  home fixture of the season being postponed??

I agree with all posts condemning the CN for basically turning a blind eye. The fact that a new date for our game there has still yet to be announced tells a tale itself.. They must be doubtful that their York City home fixture (24/8) will be played either? So then they are getting into a backlog of unplayed home games; a situation this club have been in several times in recent years.

I still maintain once they informed the League that the new surface is still unfit for play....All affected fixtures should have been reversed.. we would have had them at home today, & no headache of rearranged fixtures for the CN....plus majorly NO midweek trip all the way up for BUFC players & Fans.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2019, 12:30:04 PM »
Nobody more furious than me at the way this lot have got away with murder over the last couple of years however, I cannot agree that the game should have been switched for several reasons, Holiday season so gates are lower and lots of early home games expensive for supporters, if we are pushing for promotion a big gate at end of season. It would mean 6 away games in last 10 games of season. We should leave them in limbo and decide when we want to play it and bollocks to them.   

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2019, 05:22:37 PM »
Nobody more furious than me at the way this lot have got away with murder over the last couple of years however, I cannot agree that the game should have been switched for several reasons, Holiday season so gates are lower and lots of early home games expensive for supporters, if we are pushing for promotion a big gate at end of season. It would mean 6 away games in last 10 games of season. We should leave them in limbo and decide when we want to play it and bollocks to them.

League should have insisted the game go ahead, moving it to a neutral venue if Spennymoor pitch not ready. Ridiculous that the league table isn't even running on level games after just three rounds of matches.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2019, 05:24:27 PM »
Appalling that the National League are allowing Spennymoor to remain in the League. How can they let this joke outfit get away with not playing scheduled fixtures time and time again? Why have we not been awarded a token 3-0 win? Ludicrous.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2019, 07:54:30 PM »

The more you look into this fiasco the murkier it gets. Agree the weather has been awful last few days....but no other CN fixtures postponed (yet). So ironically the very reason their pitch was being relaid for; has lead to tier first  home fixture of the season being postponed??

I agree with all posts condemning the CN for basically turning a blind eye. The fact that a new date for our game there has still yet to be announced tells a tale itself.. They must be doubtful that their York City home fixture (24/8) will be played either? So then they are getting into a backlog of unplayed home games; a situation this club have been in several times in recent years.

I still maintain once they informed the League that the new surface is still unfit for play....All affected fixtures should have been reversed.. we would have had them at home today, & no headache of rearranged fixtures for the CN....plus majorly NO midweek trip all the way up for BUFC players & Fans.

They'll make sure York goes ahead as it'll be a bumper crowd after a few months off