Author Topic: Chester.)  (Read 9751 times)

Rio Doherty Chester FC

• View Profile
Re: Chester.)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2019, 11:55:17 PM »
Here is my match vlog from yesterday’s match. Feel free to watch if you wish:
https://youtu.be/cTcWa-ONKz8
Hope you enjoyed the game and best of luck to you this season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 08:07:03 AM »
Not sure watering the pitch at half-time helped, as the next couple of balls over the top just skipped through out of play.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 08:52:26 AM »
Dan Milgate is away at the mo - may explain why the pitch wasn't cut properly.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 08:03:39 PM »
Nobody has complained about the ref for a change. Was he any good?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 10:00:08 PM »
I always think the best refs don't get noticed, so he must have been decent!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2019, 06:53:52 AM »

Best ref we've had in the league all season.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2019, 09:42:34 AM »
I always think the best refs don't get noticed, so he must have been decent!

Chester's supporters and management thought he was dreadful. I honestly don't think the refs in this league can win either way.

Like the players, they're also at this level for a reason - so the dogs abuse they get really does baffle me.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2019, 10:09:45 AM »
Non league players, non league refs. Plenty of fans can't get their heads around this - probably spoilt by what they see on TV.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 12:40:08 PM »
Too whistle-happy, didn't let much flow get into the game. Stopped the game a few times, despite the recipients of the free-kick still comfortably having the ball.

Kept telling Chester players to hurry up, but not one booking for time-wasting.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 12:56:51 PM »
Yes. Because he was a non league ref. Just like the league has some poor players, it also has some poor refs. And supporters for that matter too. Refs are an easy target. Everyone loves to blame them when they're losing.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 02:22:17 PM »
Could have sworn we drew 1-1...

You would expect refs at this level to be at least competent with the laws of the game. Remember they work their way UP to this level. They are paid for their services too, it's not just some random bloke of the street.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »
True, and I'm not disputing they make some atrocious decisions because they do. But a lot of them are still developing/learning. I know a couple of people who ref - one of them as high as Evostick - and I know they take it very seriously, but will themselves readily agree that it's skill that takes years to master and they make loads of mistakes a game, all of them made in good faith. All they can do is try and learn from it and be better in future. I certainly wouldn't want to do it.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 03:32:34 PM »
I really do feel that the refs at this level do not get enough support from the linesman, a ref can't see everything and the boys and girls that run the line seem frightened to put the flag up for fouls and etc.
I also think that decisions for and against you level out over a season.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 12:06:00 PM »
I really do feel that the refs at this level do not get enough support from the linesman, a ref can't see everything and the boys and girls that run the line seem frightened to put the flag up for fouls and etc.

Referees have the power to tell their assistants what they are there to help with - a lot of them ask them to do line calls and offsides only, others want them to help with fouls. The higher up you go, the more communication between the ref and his assistants (mainly due to the earpieces, where they constantly talk throughout the game) and they make joint decisions.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 05:20:58 PM »

Referees have the power to tell their assistants what they are there to help with - a lot of them ask them to do line calls and offsides only, others want them to help with fouls. The higher up you go, the more communication between the ref and his assistants (mainly due to the earpieces, where they constantly talk throughout the game) and they make joint decisions.

Yes may well be the case with the lino's interventions. Can only think of a couple of times recently when a lino has intervened on a major decision in the game. In Craig's first half season against Darlington (I think) the ref gave them a pen & the lino got the refs attention & told him it was a dive over our keeper, yellow card for their striker & no pen. Also against Chorley in that 3-4 cup thriller under the lights, the ref missed a horror tackle on  scouse Jambo, lino flagged ref over & ref got red card straight out. So the refs assistants can & should intervene if the ref misses something or just gets it wrong....that is a big part of their job.