Author Topic: Chester.)  (Read 10217 times)

artie

• View Profile
Chester.)
« on: August 03, 2019, 10:31:08 AM »
Hello all, Chester supporter here.
I have a compiled a matchday preview for today’s game on my YouTube channel which includes the thoughts of one of your supporters, the head-to-head record, plus much more. If you are interested in watching it then just click on the link below. I visited your ground last season and thought that it is a very nice, old-fashioned stadium. I am making the journey right now but it will be a shame to see York Street go. Hope you all enjoy the match this afternoon:
https://youtu.be/3DHQWBnjMws
Thanks, Rio Doherty.

artie

• View Profile
Re: Chester.)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
I have started a new thread for you Rio as more people may see it rather than it being tagged onto the end of the prediction thread.

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »
Good idea that Artie, well done mate

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »
Sadly didn't get to the game, have spent the day in Hospital with my Daughter family comes before anything with me.
I thought it might be a draw today.
Waiting for one of you fellow forum bloggers to give me the low down please.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »
Sorry to hear that Old boy thinking, of course family has to come first, hope your daughter is feeling better very soon. All the best mate

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »
1-1 a bit of a scrappy game that got feisty at times.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 06:23:59 PM »
Nip and tuck for me. Fortunate with our goal which was an og. But we switched off big style a minute later to concede a goal which you would be gutted with in the Boston Saturday League. But two teams equally matched teams and nullified each other and a draw was always on cards from twenty minutes into the second half. Good support from away fans and positive all round from home support. Enjoyed my afternoon all round. Only slight negative the forwards need to stop looking for cheap free kicks and stand up as got a little repetitive. Best positive Crook looked quality and as soon as he got the ball looked to get on the front foot.     

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 08:44:09 PM »
Sorry to hear that Old boy thinking, of course family has to come first, hope your daughter is feeling better very soon. All the best mate
Thanks Pete , still awaiting test tomorrow, a cheeky lumber punch for her in the morning, don't envy her on that one.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Rio Doherty Chester FC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 09:57:34 PM »
Thanks for making a new thread artie. I thought that today’s match was very even and cagey with a draw being a fair result.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 10:34:02 PM »
Thought Chester created the better chances first half but second half we dominated possession with little end product. Crook looks a great find. Decent centre half partnership, Middleton as we know is average for this league, lucky to have two decent  young left backs, midfield 3 looked good but would like to see Green in for Abbott when fully fit as we lacked that spark I think he could provide. Rollins was his usual handful and will benefit from a full preseason, thewliss is a danger man but can see why he is at this level instead national league. Wright did his best but fed off scraps. Away from home maybe Clare will come in as the 9.

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 10:51:02 AM »
Plenty of food for thought. The back 4 were impressive. Ainge and Shiels look and play the part. Middleton kept his temper when I thought it was only a matter of time before he crippled somebody. Whittle was a good choice for MOM. He loves running at the opposition with the ball which is great to watch.
In midfield, Rollins out wide was the pick for me. Tricky footwork and pacey with it. Abbott, Thanoj and Platt, on the whole, stopped Chester from taking over, but didn't create much. When Green came on, no one gave him the ball and the skipper had to tell him to belt up.
Upfront, Wright and Thewlis had a lot of work to do and did it, but I wonder if they had the wrong studs on their boots, because they fell over a lot.
The pitch was fabulous. A round of applause for the groundstaff. You could play snooker on that, let alone football.
All in all an enjoyable day. I bought this season's away top from the club shop. 'Er indoors tells me sky blue suits me better than purple.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 01:54:08 PM »
Funny you should mention the pitch brummie Craig was critical of it on the BBC Lincs interview which I thought was rather pathetic.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 03:28:58 PM »
Funny you should mention the pitch brummie Craig was critical of it on the BBC Lincs interview which I thought was rather pathetic.
Didn't hear the interview what was said about the pitch?
Looked pretty good on Monday night.
"I don't believe you""

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »
Pitch looks good but isn't so great when you actually walk on it.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2019, 08:14:26 PM »
Pitch looks good but isn't so great when you actually walk on it.
A lot of top grass then, and not cut short enough this is often done to give the grass a chance to knit together underneath, thus allowing it to endure wet and cold conditions better.
"I don't believe you""