Author Topic: LSC v Stamford  (Read 2411 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
LSC v Stamford
« on: July 27, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »
Do we see this as a full on competitive game or a cagey affair not risking any injuries before the opening game on Saturday.
I am going for full on.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Prof

• View Profile
Re: LSC v Stamford
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »
My guess: Full on in first half. CE will do a full dress rehearsal for Saturday. His ideal '11'. If (or once) comfortably ahead (littel chance of chucking the result away) he will give his alternates esp, newby Wright a run out. Looking forward to it, if I can get out of London on time.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: LSC v Stamford
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 06:59:52 PM »
Do we see this as a full on competitive game or a cagey affair not risking any injuries before the opening game on Saturday.
I am going for full on.
having seen the decent performances against the Codheads and Scunny and also what was a non event at Grantham, I'd like to think the team will match the one fielded in the first two games. For me it was a much stronger line up and the performances and results echoed that. The team that played a majority of the Grantham game was generally poorer in comparison. I understand that CE likes to tinker constantly with his squad so I don't expect to be watching the same XI back to back to often, but  there's an obvious starting XI for me accepting Knowles isn't fit. To stick my neck out...
1 Crook
2 Middleton
3 Jackson
4 Thanoj
5 Ainge
6 Shiels
7 Platt
8 Green
9 Clare
10 Thewlis
11 Rollins
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684