Author Topic: Taken for a mug  (Read 12496 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Taken for a mug
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »
The game will be postponed on the day, two hours before kick off - just before the team bus arrives :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 12:08:24 PM »
Nah, the game will be be set to go ahead but we'll break down on the A1...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 12:36:29 PM »
I can't see how 4 days will make a difference
Suspect it'll be quite a last minute thing. We're less than 2 weeks from the date of the game now
They have to get agreement from Boston and the league
Hopefully we have the balls to say switch the fixture as opposed to going there in midweek

But would we want another home fixture in August?

We've already got 3 homes in 15 days, would the club really want 4? If we played Spennymoor at home on 10 August we'd then be playing three home games on three consecutive Saturdays 3rd; 10th and 17th - as well as another home game on Tuesday 13th. Given a number of fans might be away on holiday in August anyway - and then asking fans to pay out for another home game - it might well reduce the attendance figures and, consequently, the income.

If switching the fixture was an option open to BUFC to consider, surely they would have to weigh this up against the disruption of adding another (and long) midweek away fixture? Which would be the lesser of two evils?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 03:16:01 PM »
I think the ideal situation is that the game is moved to another venue. Harrogate hosted the fixture before, and they are away at Woking on that day. I don't think they'd send us to Gateshead, as that is further (rules out Blyth too), so maybe Hartlepool is also an option?

York and Darlo are both at home.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »
Surely Boston could put in an official complaint.  This is the 3rd time in three years.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

joebloom9

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 10:50:46 AM »
According to a supporter on BUFC Supporters page, Mr Newton has said there will be a substantial fine for Spennymoor, no gain for us but at least they are being punished.
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 12:45:40 PM »
Fine is irrelevant
They're minted
Need to be forfeiting the game or having 3pts deducted each time they pull this stunt

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 08:27:16 PM »
It won't happen l am afraid, this league doesn't have the balls to do it, or they would have long before this.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2019, 09:51:06 PM »
Fine is irrelevant
They're minted
Need to be forfeiting the game or having 3pts deducted each time they pull this stunt

Ok so as U say the FA fine them loose change. Why couldn't the penalty  have been to reverse the fixture  & make them play at York St on Saturday?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2019, 10:31:15 AM »
Fine is irrelevant
They're minted

Ok so as U say the FA fine them loose change. Why couldn't the penalty  have been to reverse the fixture  & make them play at York St on Saturday?

They haven't been charged, and therefore punished, yet.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 09:32:24 PM »
Spennymoor have announced a community open day at their ground on Saturday. It's an insult to us that they can postpone the game but then announce an alternative event on the ground that will presumably boost home club coffers.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 09:50:10 PM »
They must be holding it in the car park or toilets.
As the pitch must be out of bounds.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2019, 11:40:34 PM »
Spennymoor have announced a community open day at their ground on Saturday. It's an insult to us that they can postpone the game but then announce an alternative event on the ground that will presumably boost home club coffers.

I heard our match was postponed due to an electrical safety issue inside the stadium.
United we stand..................

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2019, 09:38:38 AM »

I heard our match was postponed due to an electrical safety issue inside the stadium.

Just looked again on their official site & it's still saying "Reason for postponement v Boston Utd will be announced soon". Thats totally Unnaceptable.. They reported on 7th June that they were completely relaying a new pitch; going right down to the clay & laying over 70 tonnes of sand on it. Also state of art drainage & 20 sprinklers. They also said a "Major overhaul" of the stadium was to commence? I mean come on, starting all that in the 2nd week of June? Was it ever going to be ready for 10th August??

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2019, 10:23:22 AM »
They are doing work to the spectator facilities, but this is to carry on throughout the season.