Author Topic: Friendly: Worksop (a)  (Read 5349 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Friendly: Worksop (a)
« on: July 15, 2019, 04:03:04 PM »
Anyone else making the trip over to Worksop tonight? I tend to avoid most pre-season games, but this is relatively local for me so hitching a lift there. Looking forward to seeing Trialist A thru F in action.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly: Worksop (a)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 04:17:45 PM »
We're on our way

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 07:26:20 AM »
1-3 win to us, lots of trialists on display again, but l felt in general that we had a good workout, with some feisty challenges at times.
We didn't look to bad at time's, with lots of positives to take from the game.
We have a French trailist with us, that in my opinion is definitely worth a contact along with the lad who scored the winner against Grimsby.
The centre half that is a big unit on trial, looks a decent player but unless he drops a stone or two will be badly exposed in our league for pace.
When we finally got Shields, Middleton,Jackson and the wonder goal lad on together at the back, they all looked very calm and composed together and look a decent back four.
Brad Abbott really struggled and for some reason looks completely out of sorts.
George Green played well and if continues to improve there will not be anyone in this league to match him, Thewlis scored a cracking goal and was impressive, Green also tucked away nice penalty.
Overall a decent performance and a good workout against a team that wanted to test us.
A nice little ground that was easy to find and everyone was very welcoming.
Also it was nice to have a chat with players and staff.
Some very funny banter at times.
Looking forward to seeing this side gel together, and if they do click we will be in for a decent season.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 08:27:31 AM »
If Thewlis stays fit he could be an absolute star for us. Fantastic finish. Clare was unlucky not to score, as was Jay. The trialist wearing the 7 shirt missed an absolute sitter from about five yards out too, so 3-1 doesn't tell the whole story (although I think our first was offside).

As Old Boy says above, George Green is clearly a very talented player, some absolute class touches. And between him and Thewlis there's definitely more spark to the side already in terms of characters in the dressing room. Watching the lads warm down at the end, clearly a lot of matey banter flying about which is great to see.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 10:08:53 AM »
The big centre half trialist that is carrying a little too much timber looks like Matt Le Tissier. Could he be related ? Didn't go last night but assume it's the same lad that came on against GTFC.

TEP

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
This is the first time Worksop have lost since last December so overall a good result!

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »
The big centre half trialist that is carrying a little too much timber looks like Matt Le Tissier. Could he be related ? Didn't go last night but assume it's the same lad that came on against GTFC.

TEP

There were two triallist centre halves last night. One was the same player as played against Grimsby (Hughes?), the other was Chris Robertson, 32 year old Scottish defender, ex Torquay, Swindon and a few others.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 12:14:50 PM »
Liam Hughes is an attacking-midfielder-cum-centre-half. He's had a decent career for a big lad...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 01:29:20 PM »
Liam Hughes is an attacking-midfielder-cum-centre-half. He's had a decent career for a big lad...
He  has had some personal problems and is now on the road to recovery, perhaps that explains the extra few pounds, but does look like a decent player.
Good luck to the lad, l would give him a contract.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 05:59:09 PM »
Decent workout for mostly fringe pkayers
Suspect Craig will have a squad in mind now
Some feisty challenges going in, only thing we could have done better was be more ruthless up top. Could easily have won 5 or 6

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 09:00:56 AM »
Agree - hit the post and missed a sitter in the first half, two golden chances in the second half fluffed that on another day we'd have scored. Plenty of positives!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »
He  has had some personal problems and is now on the road to recovery, perhaps that explains the extra few pounds, but does look like a decent player.

I can't see him displacing anybody from the first XI against Grimsby. I'd like to see more from him before we start handing contracts out willy-nilly...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 02:47:27 PM »

I can't see him displacing anybody from the first XI against Grimsby. I'd like to see more from him before we start handing contracts out willy-nilly...
Thank God we have Craig giving out contracts and not me then.  ;D
"I don't believe you""

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »
Not necessary to have to sign players on contracts, could be offered non-contract terms, which are sometimes better both for the club and the player.