Author Topic: LIncs senior Cup v Scunthorpe.  (Read 6771 times)

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: LIncs senior Cup v Scunthorpe.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 08:47:13 AM »
My first sight of the team this season, and was highly encouraged. More urgency, pressing and movement than last season - front players actually looking for space! Tuton certainly seemed worthy of a longer look. The new signings impressed. Don't particularly want to be critical, but Abbott again spent most of his time going backwards and landed us in trouble a couple of times (their first goal, for instance).

Onwards and upwards....

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 08:30:12 PM »
My first sight of the team this season, and was highly encouraged. More urgency, pressing and movement than last season - front players actually looking for space! Tuton certainly seemed worthy of a longer look. The new signings impressed. Don't particularly want to be critical, but Abbott again spent most of his time going backwards and landed us in trouble a couple of times (their first goal, for instance).

Onwards and upwards....
I thought Brad had a better game than he did on Monday night.
All looking good so far and this team is not far off from being a real  threat to some others title hopes.
I would imagine a deal with Tuton will be done if it can.
This group of players look like they will push each other on.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 09:50:42 PM »

Onwards and upwards....
All looking good so far and this team is not far off from being a real  threat to some others title hopes.
the starting XI looked hungry as a unit and worked together as a team. The bench, particularly Greene and Tutton look damn good players too. As you say, if we can secure Tutton, and bearing in mind we've not seen Dominic Knowles yet, we've got potentially the makings of saying farewell to York St with a successful campaign. I'm sure a few of you may remind me I was less than positive a couple of weeks ago, but I'm happy to say I've changed my opinion somewhat. Let's hope the deserved positivity carries into the early throws of our league campaign. The difference to this time 12 months ago is the players with bigger reputations are backing that up, whereas I don't believe they did a year ago.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 02:54:03 AM »

Onwards and upwards....
the starting XI looked hungry as a unit and worked together as a team. The bench, particularly Greene and Tutton look damn good players too. As you say, if we can secure Tutton, and bearing in mind we've not seen Dominic Knowles yet, we've got potentially the makings of saying farewell to York St with a successful campaign. I'm sure a few of you may remind me I was less than positive a couple of weeks ago, but I'm happy to say I've changed my opinion somewhat. Let's hope the deserved positivity carries into the early throws of our league campaign. The difference to this time 12 months ago is the players with bigger reputations are backing that up, whereas I don't believe they did a year ago.
I think you have summed it very well there TTT.
Good to you are being more positive now, good on you.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".