Author Topic: Simon Ainge  (Read 5491 times)

pieman pete

• View Profile
Simon Ainge
« on: July 02, 2019, 06:47:07 PM »
New signing, Simon Ainge on a season long loan from Darlington. Experienced centre back, has always played well against us, especially when he was at Guiseley. Another excellent addition to the squad

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Simon Ainge
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 07:30:46 PM »
How long is his contract at Darlington, then?

Presumably he can't play against them?

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 07:38:11 PM »
Would imagine he has just this season left on contract at Darlington but don't know that for definite. Not sure if he can play against them, I realise in short term loans this is usually agreed but with this being a long term loan then maybe not, sure the details of the deal will be revealed in due course

Prof

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »
I'm actually looking fwd to 11th July now.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 11:09:56 PM »
Has played (successfully) as a striker in recent seasons... assume he'll be primarily a defender with us though. I remember him getting a move to Luton from Guiseley but it not working out.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 11:21:24 PM »
He is a really useful player and will strengthen us no end.  Good signing.
United we stand..................

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 06:52:11 AM »
This is the sort of signing that could change us from the mid table disappointment zone into the playoffs. He's a player who leads and influences those around him, and one I've always admired when he's played against us.
Now I know one signing doesn't make a difference on his own, but this news yesterday made me reconsider my thoughts on a different thread, and maybe, just maybe, playoffs could become a possibi lity. 
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 12:18:57 PM »
Would imagine he has just this season left on contract at Darlington but don't know that for definite. Not sure if he can play against them, I realise in short term loans this is usually agreed but with this being a long term loan then maybe not, sure the details of the deal will be revealed in due course

I would be surprised if he's not allowed to play against them - this smacks of the two clubs being unable to reach a financial agreement but Darlo being quite keen to offload, and from that position of strength in any negotiation I'd be very disappointed if we signed off on any clauses that prevented us playing him v Darlo.

Wyberton pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 12:41:00 PM »
Darlington thanked Simon for his service and wish him all the best at Boston except when the two teams meet, does that mean he can play against them?  Some of Darlington supporters are pleased to see him move on.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »
According to Darlington he has only joined us for a season long loan.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 09:09:14 PM »
According to Darlington he has only joined us for a season long loan.

As is said in the opening post of the thread...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »
Sorry, Pilgrim. I missed seeing that.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 11:29:31 AM »
No call back option on him, and he is allowed to play against them.
According to Craig it was the best financial option to have him in on loan rather than a permanent deal.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 09:03:26 PM »
I think Pete hit the nail on the regarding Darlington wanting rid of him. It all rings like a deal my Rugby League club did a few weeks ago which leads me to believe He is on very good money at Darlington with one year left on his contract, I will make a guess he is on something like 700 quid a week and they can't afford to pay him off at a cost of in the region of 35K. So to cut their losses they have accepted a deal for him to come here on a season long loan with each club paying 50% of his wages, Darlo save 17k and we get him for 350 quid a week. This is why Craig mentions the financial sense for us. I may be way off the mark but that is the way my Rugby club did it plus the lad has been a great addition. All speculation of course but if that is what happened it could be excellent business.  UTP.