Author Topic: It's on it's way!  (Read 14711 times)

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: It's on it's way!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 06:18:52 PM »
What great news. Now come on everyone get chucking that loose change in to those jam jars. Mine is coming on nicely and just received another from David Birkett (thanks David) to get us off to a flier. Will be speaking to the board about what may be available to us to spend our fund on.    UTP

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 06:56:05 PM »

Sounds like we may only have two stands built for next season. Some progress is better than no progress so this is still a good news story. But if the capacity of the ground starts out at only half of what it's going to be, will that hold us back in terms of ground grading and potential to play at higher levels?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 08:20:20 PM »
I think it's the case of what they can reasonably build in that time frame, rather than what they can afford.
They only have 12 months to get us something up that we can have ready to play in for the 2020/21 season.
It's a race against time really.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 10:45:42 PM »
I think we need to hit the relevant ground-gading criteria by March 31st... unless we get a groundshare sorted (doesn't actually have to happen! We can sign a groundshare agreement to keep us at this level, and have the new ground graded over the summer).

The 3 terraces will go up as quick as a Lego set, but it's the main stand that will probably be half-finished when we move in (i.e. the extra facilities underneath).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 08:23:16 AM »
I think we need to hit the relevant ground-gading criteria by March 31st... unless we get a groundshare sorted (doesn't actually have to happen! We can sign a groundshare agreement to keep us at this level, and have the new ground graded over the summer).

The 3 terraces will go up as quick as a Lego set, but it's the main stand that will probably be half-finished when we move in (i.e. the extra facilities underneath).

I keep reading this about the three stands going up as quick as a lego set. Has no-one actually bothered to look at the plans? This is clearly not true. This isn't some crappy two-bit metal terrace you get at a lot of new non-league grounds. We're building turnstiles, kitchens, bars, storage rooms, toilets and proper concourses in ALL of the stands. We're doing a proper job. This will take time.

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 10:39:46 AM »

I keep reading this about the three stands going up as quick as a lego set. Has no-one actually bothered to look at the plans? This is clearly not true. This isn't some crappy two-bit metal terrace you get at a lot of new non-league grounds. We're building turnstiles, kitchens, bars, storage rooms, toilets and proper concourses in ALL of the stands. We're doing a proper job. This will take time.

The plans are here http://www.thequadrantboston.co.uk/the-project/football-stadium/ if anyone would like to remind themselves of what a big project it is. I'm assuming they are still up to date. I'll be very happy if we are kicking off in a 2 sided stadium in August 2020.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 05:49:08 AM »
What would be cool is a time lapse camera positioned there, get a film of it going up.
It might be expensive to do though.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »
I think it's the case of what they can reasonably build in that time frame, rather than what they can afford.
They only have 12 months to get us something up that we can have ready to play in for the 2020/21 season.

Agree with that, however several clubs have done it that way recently, FCUM, Fylde, more recently Salford. As u say it's just a case of FL regs being met for 20/21 season then rest of stadium completed when funds allow. Pretty sure FCUM still fundraising 2 complete west stand.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 04:44:11 PM »

Agree with that, however several clubs have done it that way recently, FCUM, Fylde, more recently Salford. As u say it's just a case of FL regs being met for 20/21 season then rest of stadium completed when funds allow. Pretty sure FCUM still fundraising 2 complete west stand.
Just a shame to see FCUM drop out of our league though, top club with top friendly fans, let's hope they do not slip back any further.
I hope you and we have a good season Champs, can't wait to see the new signings tomorrow night, quite excited really.
"I don't believe you""

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 02:14:37 AM »
Work has begun again on the New stadium site.
Piling work for the North stand and the bricklayers have started work on the West stand.
Our chairman is true to his word, exciting times ahead.
"I don't believe you""

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 08:35:21 AM »

For once I get what Scott is saying, I'm old enough to remember the two terraces going up in the early 80's and I think from memory they took about 10-12 weeks from demolition to fitting out and opening. The ground was two sided for a few end of season games in the NPL but fully open for the start of the APL season.
And remember, the new build terraces aren't anything like as big as what we have at present.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2019, 09:24:24 AM »
Yeah but again, both those terraces are dead simple steel frames with concrete steps. The facilities to serve them were built as separate blocks. There's literally nothing under one of them, and the rear of other one is open to the elements and has a shed bunged under it to serve burgers.

Absolutely nothing like the design of the new ground if you look: each stand has turnstiles, toilets, bars, store rooms, kitchens and concourses built and roofed in. It's not as simple as it looks. There's a reason it's costing upwards of £11m - we're getting a proper job, not some half-arsed bodge job.

Great news that it's started up again!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 11:04:31 AM by Pete B »

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »

For once I get what Scott is saying, I'm old enough to remember the two terraces going up in the early 80's and I think from memory they took about 10-12 weeks from demolition to fitting out and opening. The ground was two sided for a few end of season games in the NPL but fully open for the start of the APL season.
And remember, the new build terraces aren't anything like as big as what we have at present.

These are all relevant points. Fyldes new ground took 10 months to comply with FL regs: "fit for purpose"; but it was not completed even by the December of their first season in it (when we went down narrowly 9-2 there). In saying that they were building a complete sports village & the whole complex is massive. Not unlike our Quadrant in some respects.

FCUM's Broadhurst Park took nearly 2 years to get to FL safety approval. They built on donations & fundraising & their main stand was recycled from another ground. No comparison there to what Fylde did, & what we are doing.

The advantage we have is major: The Chestnuts have their finger right on the pulse of the Quadrant project & the time frame for completion of the new Stadium. After all it's what they do as Chestnut Homes & why thier business has been so successful. They will flood the job with Labour & as the ground work is progressing well; they have got a more or less a 12mth time frame to comply with FL regs.

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2019, 02:29:59 PM »
https://youtu.be/H-uGhvOMJD4
Work is progressing nicely
"I don't believe you""