Author Topic: AFC Fylde  (Read 4719 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
AFC Fylde
« on: July 06, 2019, 01:10:44 PM »
Went to St. Annes carnival this morning. Fylde were well represented with four of their cars and their minibus in the procession. They gave out free T shirts and flags the size of television screens with their name on. They have also built a new stand on their ground for the coming season. Hope for their sake the bubble doesn't burst !

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Fylde
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »
Went to St. Annes carnival this morning. Fylde were well represented with four of their cars and their minibus in the procession. They gave out free T shirts and flags the size of television screens with their name on. They have also built a new stand on their ground for the coming season. Hope for their sake the bubble doesn't burst !
I don't like to see clubs fail ($alford ¢ity would be an exception) so let's hope for them its a case of doing a Burton Albion rather than a Rushden & Diamonds. At least they're out there in the community doing something positive to promote themselves.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

pieman pete

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 09:12:06 PM »
Hope the silly plastic pub team goes bust

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 08:01:03 AM »

Same here.

It saddens me to see good traditional clubs like Bolton & Portsmouth get into financial straits due to rotten governance, but I couldn't give one jot about vanity projects like Fcuking Fylde or Salford or Rushden, the sooner they all disappear down the U Bend the better. Financial Fair Play in the lower league should be The FA's No1 priority but it won't be.   

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 09:01:56 AM »
Aren't Rushden now rebuilding and doing it all properly ?

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 11:36:57 AM »

Same here.

It saddens me to see good traditional clubs like Bolton & Portsmouth get into financial straits due to rotten governance, but I couldn't give one jot about vanity projects like Fcuking Fylde or Salford or Rushden, the sooner they all disappear down the U Bend the better. Financial Fair Play in the lower league should be The FA's No1 priority but it won't be.
Doesn't our history show the same though, boom and bust.
Even committing fraud in the search of glory and vanity.
Was you and I  not supporting this during that period and enjoying the success that went with it, like many others.
I don't condone the actions of the then Chairman and Manager.
But surely we don't have reason to complain about what other clubs are doing in search of success and glory.
The club's that you mention will at some point find their level at which they can progress no further.
You often criticize on here that our chairman is not spending enough money on the team, but you never explain were the extra money should come from.
They are already building houses on the quadrant, that are funding the new ground, which is fact and if you were present at the forum you would know this.
One minute you are berating the chairman for not going down the boom and bust road, then having a go at those who do.
You have already slagged off the recruitment this season, but haven't even seen them play together yet.
They say we as football supporters are thickle, but you seem to be the person that personifies that description.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 01:18:58 PM »

Same here.

Doesn't our history show the same though, boom and bust.
Even committing fraud in the search of glory and vanity.
Was you and I  not supporting this during that period and enjoying the success that went with it, like many others.
I don't condone the actions of the then Chairman and Manager.
But surely we don't have reason to complain about what other clubs are doing in search of success and glory.
The club's that you mention will at some point find their level at which they can progress no further.
You often criticize on here that our chairman is not spending enough money on the team, but you never explain were the extra money should come from.
They are already building houses on the quadrant, that are funding the new ground, which is fact and if you were present at the forum you would know this.
One minute you are berating the chairman for not going down the boom and bust road, then having a go at those who do.
You have already slagged off the recruitment this season, but haven't even seen them play together yet.
They say we as football supporters are thickle, but you seem to be the person that personifies that description.

Fully agree Obt .   It's not long ago many were saying the same things about Fleetwood .    Unless it is revealed otherwise the people running these clubs are doing it out of there own pockets and not the taxpayers ,  therefore good luck to them .     If it does turn pear shape lets hope they have a Chestnut in the wings to keep them alive .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 01:37:11 PM »
You'd better find that post where I 'berate the chairman'........

Dave Newton backs his managers fully, I've no complaint with that, its the quality of player I moan about!

Still, Andy Butler, nice easy target eh.........and people wonder why I intend to stop coming when we move grounds, is it any wonder with ill informed keyboard warriors posting crap like this?

If it weren't for me, Mick Small and Andy Robinson you'd not have your supporters association, it was us three who set the wheels in motion, got off our arses and did something POSITIVE for the fans.........a positive organisation that's raised thousands over the years, thousands that the club wouldn't have had if we hadn't had the foresight and get up and go to get things sorted. I might not agree with everything they do nowadays but I'm proud of my efforts in setting it up, despite the hostility the club showed towards us at the start.

Tell me your contributions for the supporters, other than making snide and unsubstantiated digs on a forum.......

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »
There has to be the occasional fresh teams emerge - otherwise we'd end up with a complete stalemate and a product much like the current Formula 1 set up where interest is waning fast.

In the same way that every squad needs competition to improve performance, so do clubs.  It is very sad when a club goes under, especially considering that the club in question is somebody's club much like BUFC is ours  But, for the new blood to emerge, the dead wood has to go......and there has been some very dead wood floating around of late. 

Quite a few have made a sustained leap in recent years and we now take their status for granted - Bournemouth, Burton, Stevenage etc.  Similarily, a few have gone the opposite direction - Darlington, Torquay etc.  Change happens and can only be good for the game......otherwise we'd have no need for promotion and relegation?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 03:20:48 PM »

Dave Newton backs his managers fully, I've no complaint with that, its the quality of player I moan about!

Still, Andy Butler, nice easy target eh.........and people wonder why I intend to stop coming when we move grounds, is it any wonder with ill informed keyboard warriors posting crap like this?

If it weren't for me, Mick Small and Andy Robinson you'd not have your supporters association, it was us three who set the wheels in motion, got off our arses and did something POSITIVE for the fans.........a positive organisation that's raised thousands over the years, thousands that the club wouldn't have had if we hadn't had the foresight and get up and go to get things sorted. I might not agree with everything they do nowadays but I'm proud of my efforts in setting it up, despite the hostility the club showed towards us at the start.

Tell me your contributions for the supporters, other than making snide and unsubstantiated digs on a forum.......

Well said, Andy.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 04:03:51 PM »

I am sure that you done some wonderful things for the supporters and club and no one on here would argue and criticize you for that, which l would like to add l never raised any of those points.
But l am confused why you would not follow the club to it's new ground and carry on supporting it.
You obviously  care very much for the club, don't you want it to be sustainable to secure its future.
I don't get your negativity towards the players that are or have been recruited, yes some of them have not been good enough for sure, but they have been despatched accordingly.
Surely you of all people can appreciate that the bulk of the club funds as been focused on getting us moved to a new home, the Malkinsons want us out to sell the ground that's plain and simple.
Even if we bought York Street from them it would not be able to sustain the club as a 7 days a week business, it hasn't got or has the scope for the facilities that the new stadium can offer.
As for keyboard warrior, well l am willing to meet you anytime for a civilised chat about anything l post on here.
No body wants to loose your support, the term" berates " was used as a figure of speech and not an accusation, sorry if it came across like that.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 08:50:47 PM »
Sad to see Andy withdrawing his support ,  he states no dissatisfaction  with the chairman , but complains not enough money being pumped into club  .   Can you give us a constructive business plan to see the club achieve your asperations Andy ?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 06:59:51 AM »
The quality of players at the club in recent seasons probably hasn't been as good as in seasons gone by, but isn't that more a symptom of football itself rather than anything distinct to our club? In the 1980s and early 1990s you'd see players dropping from the old second division (now the Championship)  and immediately joining non league clubs. How many players did we pick up from the likes of Derby, Notts County and Grimsby, all of which were flying high at the time. Nowadays it just doesn't happen, higher level teams are holding in to bigger squads because they have to find five substitutes instead of one. Meantime players aren't so keen to drop down because the gulf in money is higher than it has ever been. There are a lot of young English players not getting first team opportunities higher up, but who are happier to sit in under 23 and development squads rather than dropping down the pyramid. All things considered, the non league game doesn't have as much quality as it may have had once.